Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Prizes from Chinese auction

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 4:07 pm
Am I the only who never gets the prize from the organization that they say you can choose to receive if you contribute a certain amount of money towards their Chinese auction?
I am not referring to a specific org. because I had that happen to me twice in the past year. I feel silly calling the organization so I am wondering....

liveandlove.ima

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 4:19 pm
I would mention it to them when/if they call again next year...

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 4:23 pm
Why don’t you call the organizations? Of course you should get your prize

miami85

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 4:31 pm
I once had to pester the organization about my prize and arrange to meet up with the donator to get it, but I did get it in the end. The auction was in February and I got the prize on Lag B'omer.

groisamomma

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 4:34 pm
Of course you should call. People pledge money to tzedaka and then have to pay up. The same with organizations. They made a promise, they have to keep it. Besides, it puts a bad taste in your mouth for next time.

amother
RosePink

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 4:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Am I the only who never gets the prize from the organization that they say you can choose to receive if you contribute a certain amount of money towards their Chinese auction?
I am not referring to a specific org. because I had that happen to me twice in the past year. I feel silly calling the organization so I am wondering....

I wouldn't walk around complaining before I even try to call them! Let's be dan l'kaf zechus here.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 4:43 pm
I once won a “losers sweatshirt” from Oorah auction but I never got it. I thought it was weird that they didn’t send it but honestly I don’t care, I wouldn’t do anything with it.

My co workers family member won a car from one of these popular auctions but never received it.
He called and called and they kept giving excuses until he gave up.
I can’t verify the story but I don’t thinks she would make it up. This was not Oorah.

amother
Holly

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 4:52 pm
I understand the disappointment, but your attitude isn't nice. Did you send a donation to give tzedaka, or al menas lekabel pras? IMHO donating to get a prize sullies your mitzvah.

This is why I no longer do Chinese Auctions. I send in my donation and fartik. If Hashem wants me to get a silver besamim tower or a car or an American Girl doll, He'll find a better way to get it to me.

amother
RosePink

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 4:55 pm
amother [ Holly ] wrote:
I understand the disappointment, but your attitude isn't nice. Did you send a donation to give tzedaka, or al menas lekabel pras? IMHO donating to get a prize sullies your mitzvah.

This is why I no longer do Chinese Auctions. I send in my donation and fartik. If Hashem wants me to get a silver besamim tower or a car or an American Girl doll, He'll find a better way to get it to me.

Thank you holy rebetzin for the mussur.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 5:21 pm
I work for a company that donates prizes to alot of auctions. We always get the name and address of the winner and send by UPS the prize in the next couple of days.

It may not be the fault of the organization. It's possible the donors don't come through.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 5:28 pm
I am not asking about a prize that I won. Rather about the gift one gets when donating a certain amount of money. I am not complaining. Just wondering if others have that or everyone here gets their free books or whtvr prize this chose.

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 5:28 pm
BH I win often. But I follow up incessantly till
They send it.

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 5:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am not asking about a prize that I won. Rather about the gift one gets when donating a certain amount of money. I am not complaining. Just wondering if others have that or everyone here gets their free books or whtvr prize this chose.

Same. I get them but I sometimes have to call them. They advertised it, and sometimes I give more than I was originally. I absolutely think you should follow up

SG18

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 6:33 pm
I've always gotten the early bird/certain amount of $ prizes. I would reach out.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 6:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

My free prize came months and months later but it did come.
Otoh I've won many auction prizes and had to chase them down and that's not nice.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries