Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Omicron/recent covid symptoms in younger kids?
Previous  1  2

bnm

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 11:46 pm
Complained of headache, foot pain, stomach ache.

tweety1

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 1:40 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
Going to answer in case anyone else wants to know what a vaccinated case looked like: My child who is fully vaccinated (6) a month ago, just got covid. scratchy throat for a couple days. painful enough to ask for medicine but not painful enough to be in a bad mood.

No fever, maybe very minor nasal congestion for a day or two, but not really an issue at all.

Slept, ate, played normally (but at home).

She never had COVID before to our knowledge.

I'll tell what a vaccinated case looks like. My close friends son was in his dorm bed. Couldn't lift his head for a full week. Couldn't eat or drink. He said he was never so sick yet. This was about 2 weeks ago.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 10:31 pm
5 year old (not vaccinated) had a fever on and off for a week, exhaustion, significant congestion and a moderate cough. 2 year old had a fever for 2 days, mild cough and congestion.

amother
Lightblue

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 11:27 pm
For mine- low grade fever. My baby has bad stomach which didnt occur to me was from covid but reading the thread it might be and strange rash for my 3 yo also which I didnt either think was covid but I see someone else said they had it too. 2 of my kids coughed a little, my 2 yo did not but had the highest fever of them all (101)

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 11:40 pm
My baby had 100 fever, vomiting, not eating well.

Frumwithallergies

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 12:40 am
My nephew (9 years old, unvaxxed) was so sick and dehydrated that my SIL called hatzolloh. Her other kids had fevers for 48 hours and generalised fatigue (3 unvaxxed). The vaxed teen did not catch covid bh.

A colleague of mine in the hospital brought her 7 year old unvaxxed to the hospital for fever, croupy cough and dehydration. His twin sister only had fever for 36 hours.

Bh my kids are vaccinated and we have been spared B'EH.

amother
Catmint

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 12:47 am
My entire family is unvaccinated and not one of us including children 6 months -13 had more than a mild cold and chills for 2 days max. We also had Covid last yr super mild too. From my experience of speaking to quite a few people who had it over the past few weeks it really isn’t making a difference whether you’re vaccinated or not.

gold21

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 2:56 am
My 3 year old nephew just recently tested positive. Just a few weeks ago. He was asymptomatic. Unvaccinated (obviously). His sister, my niece, age 7, also unvaccinated, also tested positive. She was asymptomatic as well.

They only tested in the first place because they had been exposed to my vaccinated father who tested positive for covid the day after they spent time with him. He had it pretty rough for a couple weeks. B"H he's fine now. He was fully vaccinated but ended up getting monoclonal treatment because he needed it.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 3:44 am
At this point when will ppl realize some get it rough and some don't and some are vaxxed and some are not and it really makes no difference. It's basically a cold or flu at this point (kids end up in the hospital for flu much more often than for covid! Dehydrations etc) and the world should stop the madness and end all the restrictions and mandates! Yes hospitals are over run just by the sheer volume of ppl catching it right now but iyH after this wave that hopefully everyone will catch mildly the pandemic will be over! It will become more like a common cold or seasonal flu

amother
Crocus

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 5:33 am
We had it this week:
Ds10 weak and tired for 24 hours
Ds 7 diarrea for 4 days, no appetite, tired
Ds 3 tired for 24 hours
Dd 18m fever for 1 day, low appetite, diarrea and cranky 2 days
Ds 3m cranky for 2 days
Dh 35 cold, cough, tired 3 days (vaxxed)
Me joint pain and tired 24 hours (vaxxed)

amother
Crocus

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 5:38 am
tweety1 wrote:
Very weird. Started off with fever and pain in one ankle. Dc could barely walk from pain. The next day ankle pain disappeared and all the typical cold symptoms came out. Fever lasted about 2 days.

Yesss! I had ankle pain so bad I thought I sprained it. I was limping. Then I realized it also felt like that in (same side) knee, elbow, ribcage, shoulder blade. Was gone after 24 hrs. Bizzare!!

amother
Bellflower

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 7:28 am
We were all just sick one after another, only I tested and it was positive I assume we all had it. All Unvaccinated, second time my family had it.
Dh tired and feeling sick a few days
Me tired achey, cough, congestion, loss of appetite a few days
Ds 12 mild cough
Ds 10 terrible cough, needed antibiotics
Dd 3 fever and fatigue and moderate cough for a week.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics