Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Babysitter tested positive 2 weeks ago

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 8:39 am
Assuming you aren't a person who ignores covid and doesn't care who tests positive at all...
Would you send your kid to this babysitter?
She tested positive almost 2 weeks ago after known exposure. She's fully vaccinated. She's willing to wear a mask, if it matters. She is feeling better but not all symptoms have completely gone away (and I don't mean loss of taste or smell). If it makes a difference to your answer, then specify which symptoms would be a no for you.
I think I'm OK with my kid going to her. We don't have anyone high risk at home. I'm just wondering if anyone feels strongly that I shouldn't, then why. It would be difficult but possible to keep my kid home.

amother
Rainbow

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 8:43 am
The question is if she still has symptoms. If she does still have symptoms or is still testing positive, then no.
But if it's 2 weeks since she tested positive and she has no symptoms anymore then yes. If she tests negative, for sure.
Did she get retested since?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 8:56 am
"she's feeling better but not all symptoms have completely gone away"
No fever, though.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 8:57 am
Some symptoms like cough may linger even after the person is negative, can she take another test to see if she's negative?

amother
DarkGray

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 8:58 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
"she's feeling better but not all symptoms have completely gone away"
No fever, though.

This is the CDC's definition for recovered. I would send.

amother
DarkGray

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 8:59 am
amother [ Butterscotch ] wrote:
Some symptoms like cough may linger even after the person is negative, can she take another test to see if she's negative?

Many many people continue to test positive for many weeks after recovering, even if they are completely asymptomatic.

Optione

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 9:03 am
If there's no fever or body aches, just upper repertory contestion (like a minor cold) then I'd send.

amother
Hunter

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 9:05 am
amother [ DarkGray ] wrote:
Many many people continue to test positive for many weeks after recovering, even if they are completely asymptomatic.

This. I tested positive nearly 7 weeks after all my covid symptoms had cleared up. In fact, the CDC recommends that anyone who tests positive not retest for 90 day.
Personally I would send to the babysitter. So long as she's been fever free for at least 72 hours with no meds, has no or only a mild cough (since that can linger for weeks), and has only mild congestion. In that case she is no longer considered contagious.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 9:11 am
Most people I know tested negative no issues. Even though testing positive for longer is possible, it's not the norm.

amother
Crocus

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 9:14 am
I would send if has
Congestion
Cough

I would not send if has
Severe headache
Body ache
Chills
Fever

I would send 48 hours after above symptoms end.

I see no reason for her to wear a mask if recovered + vaccinated.
I’m many ways she is safer then most ppl out there.

I know ppl who tested positive for 3 months after. It doesn’t really mean anything.

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 9:25 am
I saw somewhere that one should take a rapid test at the end of their isolation/ quarantine because that is less sensitive so it won’t still pick it up as the pcr would do

amother
DarkGray

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 9:32 am
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
I saw somewhere that one should take a rapid test at the end of their isolation/ quarantine because that is less sensitive so it won’t still pick it up as the pcr would do

Yep. That's what our doctor told us to do for anyone who needed a negative test to go back to something. They also said if we did it in their office so they could actually see that the person was recovered and it came back positive, they would write a note explaining the situation, and that that helped with some places.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics