Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Creative mom's - ideas needed
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 10:46 pm
My beautiful, talented, musically gifted, daughter is turning 18 in 2 weeks.

My problem is I am not creative like her. I need birthday surprise idea. For her good friends she did:
*A usb with a collection of famous ppl wishing her HB..
* a collague of pics set up with humor written about each picture.
* for me, she got an album with pics from when little with compliments for every yr...

I need an idea. I can't copy hers. Anyone creative there?

Rutabaga

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 10:54 pm
Are you specifically looking for something homemade? Can you ask her friends to put together a video or slide show?

Would she enjoy going to a concert or show?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 11:02 pm
Rutabaga wrote:
Are you specifically looking for something homemade? Can you ask her friends to put together a video or slide show?

Would she enjoy going to a concert or show?

She would love a video, but I know myself, I won't find the time for it. Unless her friends do it...
They prob will do something anyway for her. I want to surprise her with something WoW from me..

TravelHearter

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 11:11 pm
What about money towards a few hours in a recording studio? She can go and record a song with her friends.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 12:44 am
I’m a lyricist. I get these kind of requests. What about writing and recording a song for her?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 5:07 am
She works in a studio, and has recorded and composed many songs for others. Its not a new thing for her lol

I'm thinking of another instrument as she plays already several. My question is not the gift, but how to present it.

She would also appreciate something wacky, out of-the- box.

amother
Broom

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 5:12 am
If you're not creative, don't be creative. It's ok if she is creative and you aren't. Just get her something you know she wants/likes, if you want to make a homemade card with it, do that.

Rutabaga

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 5:15 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
She works in a studio, and has recorded and composed many songs for others. Its not a new thing for her lol

I'm thinking of another instrument as she plays already several. My question is not the gift, but how to present it.

She would also appreciate a something wacky, out of-the- box.

You can make her a scavenger hunt that leads to the present.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 6:39 am
amother [ Broom ] wrote:
If you're not creative, don't be creative. It's ok if she is creative and you aren't. Just get her something you know she wants/likes, if you want to make a homemade card with it, do that.

That I did last year and the years before. 18 is a milestone. The last time I did a big one was by 12 - a surprise Sunday party with her friends. I want something now that will be unexpected and that she will remember.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 6:42 am
Rutabaga wrote:
You can make her a scavenger hunt that leads to the present.

That's a good idea. But she also used that for one of her friends. She literally raided their house (w/ moms permission, when they were out) and hid notes and stuff.

amother
Mimosa

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 6:53 am
How about organizing a surprise visit from someone she admires/wishes to meet who she least expects... Does she have a very good friend/admirer from afar who she'd be shocked to bump into?

mamaleh

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 6:59 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That's a good idea. But she also used that for one of her friends. She literally raided their house (w/ moms permission, when they were out) and hid notes and stuff.

You can do a neighborhood hunt. Write clues to places that are significant to her (former school, place she babysat, park she likes, etc.). You can also have a person or activity at each stop. I would do 18 stops with someone special/significant wishing her happy b-day at each one & giving her the next clue. Last clue can bring her home (or to a restaurant) where you can give her her gift.

English3

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 7:00 am
amother [ Mimosa ] wrote:
How about organizing a surprise visit from someone she admires/wishes to meet who she least expects... Does she have a very good friend/admirer from afar who she'd be shocked to bump into?

Cute idea.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 7:05 am
amother [ Mimosa ] wrote:

Her dream?? Trump, Ben Shapiro, or any other major politician... she is obsessed with them.

amother
Mimosa

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 7:05 am
You can create a nice "Moments with Mom" album on shutterfly or artscow and write up a nice letter at the beginning of the album.
You should go onto one of these websites. There are some beautiful ideas on how to personalize something with a picture or the like.

Roots

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 7:15 am
maybe you can have a bunch of ppl sending you a recording of 'happy birthday esther' or a very short bracha and on the day of her birthday broadcast it on an amp and she will have to guess who is saying it (turn it into a game)

Last edited by Roots on Thu, Jan 13 2022, 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 7:17 am
If she's obsessed with Ben Shapiro, contact him. Maybe he can send her a letter or something. That would be WOW for her.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 4:14 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
If she's obsessed with Ben Shapiro, contact him. Maybe he can send her a letter or something. That would be WOW for her.

She would absolutely love that. Not sure how to go about it lol..

amother
Birch

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 4:55 pm
Do you live in a house with a yard? Try cardmyyard or the overnight flamingos. Personally I think the cardmyyard ones are better, but the overnight flamingos people have T Rexes and penguins that are funny.

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 8:13 pm
Give her a jar with 365/52 notes-things you appreciate about her, random funny things she said as a child, coupons for favors and to go out, notes from her friends and relatives wishing her happy birthday, etc. She can take one out every day/year until her next birthday!
Use brightly colored papers and a clear glass jar, like a mason jar.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children