Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
I took Ivermectin. AMA
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

gold21

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 12:05 pm
amother [ Springgreen ] wrote:
So you took an unprescribed medication for an undiagnosed illness that you claim is usually so mild that we should not worry about it or take precautions, and ask us to believe that it was so helpful in preventing you from getting severely ill from a disease that you may or may not have had, that you claim is mild anyway, that we should all use it?

She didn't tell you to use it. She said to ask her anything.

gold21

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 12:07 pm
fleetwood wrote:
So you can't claim ivermectin helped you if you did not get a positive.

Fair enough.
Are you familiar with Ben Shapiro? Listen to his recent interview with Yale epidemiologist Harvey Risch, if you're so inclined. They discuss how effective Ivermectin and HCQ are.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 12:18 pm
gold21 wrote:
Fair enough.
Are you familiar with Ben Shapiro? Listen to his recent interview with Yale epidemiologist Harvey Risch, if you're so inclined. They discuss how effective Ivermectin and HCQ are.

How long until he loses his medical license?

“These drugs have been suppressed… for reasons that have nothing to do with the science and the medicine.”

“ The monoclonal antibodies contributes to early treatment. Hydroxychloroquine, ivermectin are very strong medications that work. Colchicine is another one. Steroids are in use. Vitamin D and zinc contribute to the whole pattern of care. There’s a number of them that are available, and doctors who are actively treating patients know how to use these. They are extremely successful, extremely successful in treating patients as outpatients.”

“ I came into this. I wrote an op-ed for Newsweek saying, “Here it is. We should use it. There’s no cost, and even if it doesn’t work, it’s 100 percent safe because it’s been used in tens of billions of doses for 60 years in hundreds of millions of people. Even if it doesn’t work, it can’t do any harm.” Then I got pushback from my colleagues saying what do I know about infectious disease and epidemics and so on.”

“ I had a guide to using it for malaria, and it said it’s safe for everyone—safe for pregnant women, in utero, young children, for elderly, frail people, safe for everybody. So, anybody can use it.”

“ This disconnect has to be on purpose. It’s not an accident. It’s a smear campaign against the drug for a purpose. Where is the purpose coming from for why one would suppress something that costs 80 cents a day to treat? It’s even cheaper than ivermectin. Ivermectin is $10 a day or whatever it is. Hydroxychloroquine is a tenth of that.”

amother
Raspberry

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 12:19 pm
She used a medication and recovered from her illness BH. She didnt fill out all the paperwork though so doesnt count Smile

amother
Springgreen

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 12:21 pm
amother [ Raspberry ] wrote:
She used a medication and recovered from her illness BH. She didnt fill out all the paperwork though so doesnt count Smile

No, she took a medication for an illness she has no idea if she had or not.

amother
Springgreen

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 12:28 pm
HCQ has never been deemed safe for everyone. No can competent doctor would ever claim that it is.
Among other things, it can cause abnormal heart rhythms such as QT interval prolongation and a dangerously rapid heart rate called ventricular tachycardia. There are also reports of blood and lymph system disorders, kidney injuries, and liver problems and failure. It is authorized for use in connection with malaria because the benefits outweigh the risks, but still must be supervised.

As to ivermectin, the dosage for its on label use is such a small fraction of the dosage used for covid that no one can say that its safe.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 12:36 pm
small bean wrote:
I guess I am now a horse or something.

My father was by me for a week while he had covid. I didnt have time or patience to feel sick, so as soon as I got a fever and slight cough, I took ivermectin. I was symptom free within 12 hours of the first pill. Took the full reccomendation.

Did your father take it?

amother
Amaryllis

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 12:37 pm
So you took an unprescribed medication for an undiagnosed illness that you claim is usually so mild that we should not worry about it or take precautions, and ask us to believe that it was so helpful in preventing you from getting severely ill from a disease that you may or may not have had, that you claim is mild anyway, that we should all use it?

She never told anyone to take it or forced anyone to take it.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 12:53 pm

As to ivermectin, the dosage for its on label use is such a small fraction of the dosage used for covid that no one can say that its safe.

Was her dose so high.
For 140 lb person the standard dose is 15 mg.
She took 24 mg first day but rest of days took 12 mg?
How is that taking way over the recommended dose.

gold21

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 12:57 pm
HCQ has never been deemed safe for everyone. No can competent doctor would ever claim that it is.
Among other things, it can cause abnormal heart rhythms such as QT interval prolongation and a dangerously rapid heart rate called ventricular tachycardia. There are also reports of blood and lymph system disorders, kidney injuries, and liver problems and failure. It is authorized for use in connection with malaria because the benefits outweigh the risks, but still must be supervised.

As you likely know, HCQ is only linked to heart issues with long term use. It is something that is monitored in patients taking HCQ long term. And still, benefit apparently outweighs risk.

And why haven't they run proper outpatient trials on ivermectin at higher dosages? I mean, what's holding up the trials? We're all waiting....

Also, HCQ/Ivermectin use is intended for outpatient use specifically. Not for hospital use. It blocks viral replication. Use in patients who are already in advanced stages of covid can be unhelpful and dangerous. These drugs are intended to block viral replication, not to cure covid pneumonia, to heal systemic issues caused by covid, to reverse immune system overreaction.....

amother
Springgreen

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 1:03 pm
amother [ Cornsilk ] wrote:
Was her dose so high.

Ivermectin is usually prescribed as a single dose, that may be repeated every 3 to 12 months.

So on Day 1, she took nearly twice the standard dose, then continued to take it for several days thereafter. Meaning that over a 5-day course, she would have taken between 5 and 6 times the recommended dosage.

amother
Raspberry

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 1:08 pm
No, she took a medication for an illness she has no idea if she had or not.

This reminds me of a story told by a pediatrician of many years. He was on a plane and a mother was with her toddler who was not feeling well. The mother was panicking and asking people for a thermometer. She did not know what to do. He said to her- "feel the child's forehead."
He was talking to parents about how people have forgotten their basic instincts and tools that we have.

OP knew she was sick. She took medication and she knows she recovered. If she did not pass the amazingly accurate pcr test then that doesnt change that.

amother
Springgreen

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 1:08 pm
gold21 wrote:
As you likely know, HCQ is only linked to heart issues with long term use. It is something that is monitored in patients taking HCQ long term. And still, benefit apparently outweighs risk.

And why haven't they run proper outpatient trials on ivermectin at higher dosages? I mean, what's holding up the trials? We're all waiting....

Also, HCQ/Ivermectin use is intended for outpatient use specifically. Not for hospital use. It blocks viral replication. Use in patients who are already in advanced stages of covid can be unhelpful and dangerous. These drugs are intended to block viral replication, not to cure covid pneumonia, to heal systemic issues caused by covid, to reverse immune system overreaction.....

Trials were halted throughout the world when it was determined that these drugs were not efficacious. In the US, in fact, HCQ was prescribed under an EUA, but that was withdrawn when it was found not to be effective. https://www.fda.gov/news-event.....%20or

small bean

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 1:13 pm
fleetwood wrote:
So you can't claim ivermectin helped you if you did not get a positive.

Not claiming it worked or anything. Just saying, I took ivermectin for covid symotoms. Maybe it tskes aways coughs, colds and fever.

My dds also had symotoms and took as well. All of us had same results, our fever, coughs and colds were gone in 24 hours.

small bean

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 1:15 pm

Yup!

I wasnt worriee of being severely ill. I didnt want a cough or cold and figured it was worth a try.

And dont care one iota if anyone else uses it. Just sharing that I did.

small bean

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 1:17 pm
amother [ Amaryllis ] wrote:
Did your father take it?

No. He didnt test until 4 days in and by then wanted to wait it out.

My 93 year old grandmother took it a couple weeks ago and had same results as myself. She was sicker though than I was...

gold21

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 1:19 pm
Trials were halted throughout the world when it was determined that these drugs were not efficacious. In the US, in fact, HCQ was prescribed under an EUA, but that was withdrawn when it was found not to be effective. https://www.fda.gov/news-event.....%20or

I specifically inquired about trials of ivermectin. Do you have a link?

small bean

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 1:20 pm
amother [ Cornsilk ] wrote:
Was her dose so high.

When you read the pages it comes with, the thing is safer than daily tylenol.

The only real side effect is nausea and can cause a miss in an early pregnancy. Im not pregnant so was not an issue for me.

gold21

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 1:22 pm
And if you're wondering why HCQ was stripped of it's EUA, as per the link that SpringGreen shared above, here ya go:

The FDA has a responsibility to regularly review the appropriateness of an EUA, and as such, the agency will review emerging information associated with the emergency uses for the authorized products. Recent results from a large randomized clinical trial in hospitalized patients, a population similar to the population for which chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine were authorized for emergency use, demonstrated that hydroxychloroquine showed no benefit on mortality or in speeding recovery. This outcome was consistent with other new data, including data showing that the suggested dosing regimens for chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are unlikely to kill or inhibit the virus that causes COVID-19. The totality of scientific evidence currently available indicate a lack of benefit.

May I ask why a drug intended to inhibit viral replication was being trialled on patients who were way past the stage of viral replication, or is that a thought crime?

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 1:46 pm

1. That HCQ Study was FRAUDULENT and was WITHDRAWN from Publication.

2. Patients were given a MASSIVE OVERDOSE of HCQ which caused heart problems.
You can KILL people with MASSIVE OVERDOSES of Tylenol or Aspirin. Or even Water.
Does not mean that Tylenol, Aspirin or Water are "dangerous."

3. HCQ and Ivermectin are effective if given EARLY, as an outpatient.

In the FRAUDULENT Trial, only patients who were critically ill in ICU were given HCQ - when that
is TOO LATE. THis was DELIBERATE, of course to say that HCQ "Is not effective."

HCQ is VERY EFFECTIVE when given EARLY - but this was NOT tested in the Fake Trial!

4. HCQ is supposed to be given with ZINC and an antibiotic - Not done in Fake Trial.

India with nearly a billion people has wiped out Covid with HCQ and Ivermectin!

Millions of doctors around the world report the same amazing results.

Africa, where HCQ and Ivermectin are sold OVER THE COUNTER has the lowest death rate
from Covid.

Last edited by #BestBubby on Thu, Jan 13 2022, 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 2 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics