Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Anyone use a Laundry washing app?

flmommy

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 9:15 pm
Thinking of trying one. Either hamper app or suds share. I am a little grossed out by someone washing my stuff in their home but I figure it’s grosser for them and I can’t keep up with all the laundry!! Doesn’t seem like either one irons so that’s a bummer but I will survive. Has anyone used a laundry service like this? It would be horrible to not get your stuff back.

ChutzPAh

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 10:23 pm
Never knew this was a thing.

hodeez

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 10:30 pm
Fascinating... Why not use a laundromat?

flmommy

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 6:27 am
Laundromats charge a lot more and don’t do pick up and drop off.

boat

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 7:44 am
Ha and I was trying to figure out how my smartphone can help me with laundry... o well.

S11

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 11:17 am
I would be very wary of my clothing coming back with things like bed bugs and fleas. I would never want my clothing washed in a strangers home.
I have someone who comes two evenings a week for an hour or two at a time and all she does is fold and put away laundry. I do the washing because I find washing and drying to be easy. Its just throwing in and switching loads.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 12:53 pm
I just heard about suds share the other day from my son who told me it's a yeshiva guy who started it! I'm sure that's not helpful except for the fact that you're supporting a frum yid if you use it.
(Assuming my son's info is correct.)

chana9182

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 2:45 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I just heard about suds share the other day from my son who told me it's a yeshiva guy who started it! I'm sure that's not helpful except for the fact that you're supporting a frum yid if you use it.

Looks like it is.
https://sudshare.com/about

zaq

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 2:54 pm
boat wrote:
Ha and I was trying to figure out how my smartphone can help me with laundry... o well.
'

Me, too! My machine has the ability to be controlled by a phone but I have no intention of using this feature. Running the machine is not rocket science, and I have no need to start a washload going when I'm not at home. Find an app that will empty the machine, wipe down the parts that need to be wiped down, and hang the laundry to dry, then we'll talk.

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 2:59 pm
Cool 😎
Actually a brilliant idea!
And a fascinating story lol

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 3:01 pm
zaq wrote:
'

Me, too! My machine has the ability to be controlled by a phone but I have no intention of using this feature. Running the machine is not rocket science, and I have no need to start a washload going when I'm not at home. Find an app that will empty the machine, wipe down the parts that need to be wiped down, and hang the laundry to dry, then we'll talk.

My husband has an extensive laundry system mapped out in his head (it includes laundry chutes in all bedrooms that brings together the laundry then sorts/washes/folds etc. stuff you can dream about...)

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 3:17 pm
I'm waiting for this to come out and hoping it will be affordable and compact.
https://foldimate.com/

zaq

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 3:23 pm
Sunny Days wrote:
My husband has an extensive laundry system mapped out in his head (it includes laundry chutes in all bedrooms that brings together the laundry then sorts/washes/folds etc. stuff you can dream about...)

Laundry has never been a tircha for me so that’s not where my tech R& D dollars are going. I’m thinking of a self-cleaning kitchen/dinette, including dishes and appliances.

Living Princess

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 3:28 pm
ra_mom wrote:

Also a Jewish invention :-)

mushkale

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 3:36 pm
ra_mom wrote:

I've been waiting for a very long time for this. Saw it like 3 hears ago and still nothing

DustyDiamonds

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 4:00 pm
ra_mom wrote:

This would entice me if I could dump an entire load into it! I don’t want to neatly feed it one item at a time!

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 4:42 pm
zaq wrote:
Laundry has never been a tircha for me so that’s not where my tech R& D dollars are going. I’m thinking of a self-cleaning kitchen/dinette, including dishes and appliances.

It’s not as much the tircha as I just don’t have the time. I’m definitely interested in the self clean kitchen model too.

StrongMomma

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 7:52 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:

If anyone uses it, let us know how your experience is!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry