Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Psychology of imitation brand name
Previous  1  2

amother
Cadetblue

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 1:18 pm
I find most people don’t realize that the majority of Ali is knock offs and stolen designs from people that use Chinese factories. Even non brand names are copies. So halachically people need to be aware of that too.

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 1:31 pm
I find it really ironic that a group of women so concerned with religion and morality--who on other topics follow it to the nth degree--would have no issue with this unethical side of business.

Esty 4

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 1:35 pm
call me naïve but I wasn't aware... I was just looking for a bargain and didn't realize it's imitation
learning something new every day
ty

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 1:46 pm
Esty 4 wrote:
call me naïve but I wasn't aware... I was just looking for a bargain and didn't realize it's imitation
learning something new every day
ty

Please don't think I was pointing at you, Esty. I think a lot of people don't know! I also think a lot of people do indeed know and pick and choose what they feel is important to follow.

amother
Sage

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 6:36 pm
Interesting thread following

amother
Azalea

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 6:49 pm
Some items on ali are legit. For example, the company makes the item in a Chinese factory and the factory sells the leftover items for wholesale price on Ali....
I believe many kids clothing companies make their stuff in China and the leftovers are sold on Ali (with the company's permission- they probably give the company a better deal, etc.)....

but to each their own

amother
Blueberry

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 6:59 pm
amother [ Azalea ] wrote:
Some items on ali are legit. For example, the company makes the item in a Chinese factory and the factory sells the leftover items for wholesale price on Ali....
I believe many kids clothing companies make their stuff in China and the leftovers are sold on Ali (with the company's permission- they probably give the company a better deal, etc.)....

but to each their own

Re your first point, Ummmm no. Just no. No reputable legal company will sell “leftovers” on Ali. And re tour second point, yess many of the jewish companies are chinese based garbage that is on par with Ali express quality which you pay a huge markup locally but $5 on Ali. But I woulnt buy either.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics