Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Info on Yeshivas Nesivos Aharon in Israel

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 4:22 pm
I'm looking for info on Yeshivas Nesivos Aharon in Israel. My son's Rebbe recommended it for my son who is graduating from High School. I never heard of it and have no idea what schools the boys come from, and what type of boys go there. The Rebbe was very vague. I am wary of a new Yeshiva that is so small. My son is a very good kid and I would like him to be with nice boys. Any information would be appreciated.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 4:27 pm
+1

Fascinated

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 12:36 am
We are also considering this Yeshiva. If you have more information, I would like to speak with you.

amother
Opal

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 11:35 am
Bump

amother
Gladiolus

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 5:12 pm
Bump. Did anyone send their son here?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 4:31 pm
Yes. My son is attending now. He is happy and seems to be accomplishing well in his learning. It is a warm environment.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 4:32 pm
Yes. My son is attending now. He is happy and seems to be accomplishing well in his learning. It is a warm environment.

amother
Vanilla

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 5:24 pm
One of my sons went there. He was very happy. It is small and warm and when he was there it was for good boys but not pressured, so for boys who want to learn but are not necessarily going to be able to learn for long hours straight every day. But like I say, the boys were good boys and the Rebbeim very warm. He left around 2 years ago.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 6:17 pm
Thank you! Can I please ask both of you loads of questions??

Do you know how strict / lax covid policywise the yeshiva is? What is required? Does the admin take a position, testing, bidud?

Also is it ever an issue that they are so close to shaar shchem?

Are they light/heavy on tiyulim? What kind of things do they do?

How is the dorming accomodations?

What about food? Is it prepared in house? Catered?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 7:19 am
Re Covid - I think there's a lot of Covid fatigue. I think they leave it up to the boys if they want/don't want to get tested (as long as they're not very sick). They seem pretty responsible when it comes to their health in general...Re being near Shaar Shechem - they've been told which areas to avoid. I don't think it's much more dangerous than being in Israel in general. My son who can be sensitive to these issues doesn't feel unsafe...Re trips. They seem to have a reasonable amount of tiyulim. They went on a great trip to Rosh HaNikra where they went motor boating and horse back riding in Netanya. They give them incentives to earn extra trips through learning +take them bowling). My son is going up north this week as part of a reward trip...My son thinks the dorms are decent. Haven't heard any complaints...The food is prepared in- house. They have a cook who is nice. My son tends to be a very picky eater, so he's not the best judge. He says most boys seem to like the food...Bottom line is he's happy and learning well...Hope this was helpful.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 8:49 pm
We were just recommended this Yeshiva as well. He’s our oldest and I’m
Also clueless 😩

amother
Gladiolus

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 2:26 am
Thank you OP!

Yes, clueless too. Looks like our ds's got the same rec's. If thats you on the other yeshiva thread too.

Imaof5+adog

Post Mon, Jul 25 2022, 11:14 am
Hi! I have worked for Nesivos Ahron as the secretary (and only woman on staff) for the past 11 years. I am happy to answer any questions you have or connect you with parents of our former students.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics