Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Salary
Previous  1  2

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 11:34 pm
amother [ Rainbow ] wrote:
Why?

You seem to know your stuff and pay accordingly!!
My manager is denying the salaries are this high today… Rolling Eyes

amother
Iris

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 12:09 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:

Maybe rainbow can help get you a job.

amother
Wallflower

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 12:24 am
These numbers seem high. I work part time until 2:30 but I get work calls day and night and I have work emails on my phone and I have a dozen yrs of work experience and make 50k.

amother
Black

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 12:54 am
What is it about Lakewood that pays so well? I would think the opposite, they are flooded with eligible workers.

amother
Iris

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 1:18 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
What is it about Lakewood that pays so well? I would think the opposite, they are flooded with eligible workers.

So many ppl are starting businesses and need employees.
They are building tall office building after office building and they are leased solid at top dollar.
There are just so many private businesses that need employees.
And ppl refuse to work unless it is worth it for them. Covers babysitting, expenses, etc.
Also full time pays do much more bec full time employees are extremely difficult to find.

singleagain

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 7:59 am
amother [ Iris ] wrote:
So many ppl are starting businesses and need employees.
They are building tall office building after office building and they are leased solid at top dollar.
There are just so many private businesses that need employees.
And ppl refuse to work unless it is worth it for them. Covers babysitting, expenses, etc.
Also full time pays do much more bec full time employees are extremely difficult to find.

That's all fine and dandy... But where do the business get the money to pay their employees so well?

amother
Iris

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 8:04 am
singleagain wrote:
That's all fine and dandy... But where do the business get the money to pay their employees so well?

The businesses are doing really well. They pay well. Pay top dollar rent for gorgeous offices. And the owners are still making tremendous profit.

singleagain

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 8:08 am
amother [ Iris ] wrote:
The businesses are doing really well. They pay well. Pay top dollar rent for gorgeous offices. And the owners are still making tremendous profit.

And when they are first starting out?

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 8:13 am
singleagain wrote:
And when they are first starting out?

Bigger and more successful companies are always able to offer more than smaller, starting up companies.... perhaps the smaller companies get workers by offering other things, perhaps flexibility. I worked far too long at a low paying job in a small company because I was basically able to make my own hours and worked at home. Really hard to give that setup up....

amother
Black

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 11:06 am
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
Bigger and more successful companies are always able to offer more than smaller, starting up companies.... perhaps the smaller companies get workers by offering other things, perhaps flexibility. I worked far too long at a low paying job in a small company because I was basically able to make my own hours and worked at home. Really hard to give that setup up....

I'm doing the same (not as a medical biller but actually in a much more professional/trained field). I'm getting far less than my worth because my job is a work from home job and I make my own hours. But it's worth it for me at this time in my life. I need those conveniences to function as a mother of a growing family BH. Maybe one day when the nest is empty I'll leave the house again and get too dollar...

amother
Rainbow

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 11:22 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:

Lol. Yeah, I do know my stuff. Don't worry, I had to fight to get the higher ups to agree on the salary a new employee asked for in order to hire her. We are so desperate to get qualified employees that are actually dedicated and want to work that even though the company is losing by paying such high salary its a lot better to have someone actually doing the job...

Its just tough because it really only applied to getting a new job. If you are already working somewhere they wont' usually up your salary to match the new hires even though that's the going rate...its not a new issue...

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 11:59 am
[quote="amother [ Rainbow ]"]Lol. Yeah, I do know my stuff. Don't worry, I had to fight to get the higher ups to agree on the salary a new employee asked for in order to hire her. We are so desperate to get qualified employees that are actually dedicated and want to work that even though the company is losing by paying such high salary its a lot better to have someone actually doing the job...

Its just tough because it really only applied to getting a new job. If you are already working somewhere they wont' usually up your salary to match the new hires even though that's the going rate...its not a new issue...[/quote
]

Yeah that’s what my bosses are saying… only new hires are getting paid exorbitant amounts.
Like hello, are you hinting I should leave to go be a new hire somewhere else and get paid well?
Isn’t it cheaper to to keep a good worker who knows her stuff, and pay her top dollar then have a new employee coming in every few months who needs to get acquainted with the the job from scratch? Wouldn’t the old worker get much more done for the company simply by not having to be trained in??

amother
Iris

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 12:40 pm
[quote="amother [ Cerulean ]"]
amother [ Rainbow ] wrote:
Lol. Yeah, I do know my stuff. Don't worry, I had to fight to get the higher ups to agree on the salary a new employee asked for in order to hire her. We are so desperate to get qualified employees that are actually dedicated and want to work that even though the company is losing by paying such high salary its a lot better to have someone actually doing the job...

Its just tough because it really only applied to getting a new job. If you are already working somewhere they wont' usually up your salary to match the new hires even though that's the going rate...its not a new issue...[/quote
]

Yeah that’s what my bosses are saying… only new hires are getting paid exorbitant amounts.
Like hello, are you hinting I should leave to go be a new hire somewhere else and get paid well?
Isn’t it cheaper to to keep a good worker who knows her stuff, and pay her top dollar then have a new employee coming in every few months who needs to get acquainted with the the job from scratch? Wouldn’t the old worker get much more done for the company simply by not having to be trained in??

It’s not just Jewish places like this.
Almost every industry.
It doesn’t make sense but that is what it is.

I recently put in a very detailed salary increase request.
Listed accomplishments. Dedication. Savings tor company. Jobs. Overview of history.
I put in my expected salary with researched comps.
Had my manager submit a review.
At the end I gave a one month deadline for respond.
They gave me almost what I wanted.

amother
Mocha

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 12:41 pm
Rainbow,
May I ask, how much are new hires getting? If I have years of office experience, but not in medical billing. What would be starting salary approximately?

amother
Mocha

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 9:09 pm
amother [ Iris ] wrote:
It’s not just Jewish places like this.
Almost every industry.
It doesn’t make sense but that is what it is.

I recently put in a very detailed salary increase request.
Listed accomplishments. Dedication. Savings tor company. Jobs. Overview of history.
I put in my expected salary with researched comps.
Had my manager submit a review.
At the end I gave a one month deadline for respond.
They gave me almost what I wanted.

Iris, can I ask what you asked for and how much you got?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics