Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Needlework and Sewing
What and when was the last thing you sewed or the like?
1  2  Next

yo'ma

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 6:52 am
The last thing I remember was a dress for my daughter for my nephews wedding. They’re celebrating their third anniversary soon. I used to sew so much more for her, but she’s my only girl and now all grown. Not sewing for myself or my boys. Was never into crafts. Whenever I think of sewing, I’m like I don’t want to, but once I start, I really enjoy it.

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 8:13 am
Converted bras to be nursing friendly about a month ago. I enjoy seeing, but it’s time consuming if it’s anything worthwhile or bigger than a simple thing.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 8:18 am
I did a custom embroidery I hung in my living room 6 years ago. I really enjoyed it. Would love to do another but it is a really expensive hobby.

esuss

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 8:41 am
Last night. I am in the midst of a cross stitch project that is huge. I really enjoy it. As soon as I finish one project I am onto the next. This is my way of relaxing / winding down from a stressful day.

LittleDucky

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 9:15 am
I am in the middle of crocheting but dont have a lot of time right now to work on it. I wish I did!
I sewed some minor repairs on things but also helped a friend out with a small craft project recently.

I love this kind of art. It is so relaxing and I love seeing my work when I am done.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 9:18 am
I made a huge hook rug while on bedrest. Does that count? Smile Now it’s hanging in my baby’s room!
Also did a few small embroidery pieces. I enjoyed it but I don’t think I’d have patience to do anything bigger.
https://smile.amazon.com/Caydo.....r=8-3

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 9:20 am
It's been a while, but my most recent project was piecing and quilting a baby quilt for one of my grandchildren.

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 9:25 am
I’m making custom wings for my kids angel purim costumes. Cardboard, glue gun and white feathers

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 9:53 am
I used to sew my girls Purim costumes. One year I made them Kallah gowns, out of cozy white fleece covered in white lace and edged in silver rick-rack, so they would be warm and pretty all at once. Another year they were colonial girls, I made them ruffled calico dresses with ruffled contrast over-dresses and real calico bonnets with wide brims and long ribbons.

I had such fun choosing patterns and creating with my girls.
My friend's twin DD's always wore my girls' costumes the next year.

When they got bigger, I sewed them linen for camp, with matching throw pillows.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 10:24 am
Skirt in high school

Tzutzie

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 10:49 am
Converted a twin size linen set to a toddler sized one so dd can have matching linen to her sister. It was 2 years ago.
She's outgrown it bh. And now both need new linen lol.
Unless you count in mending..... then I refitted dresses for my girls last week.

hodeez

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 11:15 am
Sewed a hole in my son's pajama pants 😁

BetsyTacy

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 11:24 am
Last weekend: Altered a beautiful skirt I bought when I was in college to make it fashionable and fit me properly. This skirt is older than about half of the imamother population, but I really love the quality of the fabric so it has been languishing in my attic closet for about 15 years.

Siriusly?

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 9:57 am
Last year, I altered a skirt for a Purim costume... although if you count crocheting, I'm currently in the middle of a pompom hat, and have made several stuffed giraffes, bunnies, teddy bears, dummy (pacifier) clips, baby shoes, blankets and several other baby things over the past year - some for my baby, some as gifts, and some because the patterns were too cute not to make! Smile

amother
Cappuccino

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 4:22 pm
Probably shortened some skirts for my ddil.

miami85

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 4:39 pm
Last week made a chasuna gown for myself and my daughters

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 5:01 pm
I'm working on this. Hope to finish it soon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....psc=1

misteray

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 5:07 pm
In middle of sewing my daughters' dresses for my son's bar mitzvah. Soon to be working on his tefilin/tallis bag iyH.
I definitely have more in mind to sew, nevermind my massive mending pile, but don't always prioritize it.

vintagebknyc

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 5:10 pm
Pillow cases. I found a crazy expensive Ralph Lauren sheet in a bargain bin, and turned it into four cases. They’re glorious!

I’m also knitting a hat but I keep having to rip out sections.

amother
Zinnia

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 5:19 pm
My school managed to embed a hatred for sewing in me. They had mandatory sewing courses and the teachers were horrible.
If an item needs alterations I don’t buy it.
I do enjoy crocheting but I’m not good at it.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Needlework and Sewing