Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Sofas- Whats a notch up over Bobs Furniture?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 9:24 am
Sofas- Whats a notch or two up over Bobs Furniture (thats pretty good)?

Ive looked at both leather and fabric sofas at many stores ranging in price from Bobs (under $3,000 for leather sofa and loveseat together, or "L" sectional) to a well known store in Williamsburg where delivery is 6 months and they have minimal sofas to choose from on display, to Accentuation ($5,000+ a sofa alone), and Im pretty impressed with Bob's because of their

1- prices
2- 5 year protection plan
3- good feedback from people I know,
4- I like being able to sit on the sofa and see the fabric and feel the comfort in the store rather than ordering from a catalogue in a store or buying online myself.
5- plus most sofas are available within a month, unusual relative to most other stores delivery time.

Which stores would give me

1- a protection plan like Bobs,
2- decent BBB rating and word of mouth reputation
2- stores where I can actually sit on the sofa and feel the fabric or leather, not just order from a book or online
3- delivery within a month, or 2 months the latest

BUT I'd like a store that has some more selection in styles of sofas, colors, and fabrics, even if I go up in price (but still reasonable)?

TIA

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 9:33 am
I and lots of people I know got from Bobs. Why don’t you just get from there?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 9:41 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
I and lots of people I know got from Bobs. Why don’t you just get from there?

I want dark gray leather (or any interesting gray fabric which they dont have) and they only have a light gray leather with almost white stitching that will get dirty in no time, so Id need to get black for practicality.

Also they dont have tufted back sofas and sofas with skinny or gold legs like Im seeing on decorator instagram pages.

I guess you cant have everything. But Im leaning in that direction anyhow.

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 9:45 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I want dark gray leather (or any interesting gray fabric which they dont have) and they only have a light gray leather with almost white stitching that will get dirty in no time, so Id need to get black for practicality.

Also they dont have tufted back sofas and sofas with skinny or gold legs like Im seeing on decorator instagram pages.

I guess you cant have everything. But Im leaning in that direction anyhow.

I just got dark gray leather very reasonable by brauns furniture in monsey. I chose them because I say on the couch I like it I was leaning to velvet before but they seem more junky and they are not so comfortable you can just lay in it. And he agreed they are not as strong. I didn’t go to bobs and all cause lots of people had issues with there warranty and pricing wasn’t so different

simcha2

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 9:48 am
What about Raymour and Flanigan?

amother
Cappuccino

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 9:49 am
Macys, Raymour and Flanagan, some options on Wayfair.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 10:02 am
amother [ Cappuccino ] wrote:
Macys, Raymour and Flanagan, some options on Wayfair.

Thanks.

Macys- Unless you buy a floor sample it takes many months to order (I was at a Staten Island location this past week)

Raymour and Flanagan- Barely any choices of style and fabric, also nothing modern looking (tufted backs, thin legs)

Wayfair- You cant see it, you cant sit on it, what if I hate it?

amother
Crocus

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 10:06 am
I recently went to Bob's for furniture. The price on the furniture was cheaper but when it came to paying, all of a sudden extra fee's cropped up and it ended up being a couple hundred dollars more, it came out more expensive then local frum stores. I did not go through with the purchase.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 10:07 am
FWIW I have a bobs couch. The seams came apart, the leather is peeling, and they do NOT stand behind their protection plan.

It is comfortable though, and was a good price.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 10:11 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks.

Macys- Unless you buy a floor sample it takes many months to order (I was at a Staten Island location this past week)

Raymour and Flanagan- Barely any choices of style and fabric, also nothing modern looking (tufted backs, thin legs)

Wayfair- You cant see it, you cant sit on it, what if I hate it?

If you want modern there is also Article, Burrow, Castlry, Crate and Barrel.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 10:12 am
amother [ Crocus ] wrote:
I recently went to Bob's for furniture. The price on the furniture was cheaper but when it came to paying, all of a sudden extra fee's cropped up and it ended up being a couple hundred dollars more, it came out more expensive then local frum stores. I did not go through with the purchase.

What were the extra charges for?

amother
Crocus

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 10:14 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What were the extra charges for?

Delivery and assembly.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 10:14 am
Does anyone know where I might find a dark gray sectional (leather or fabric) sofa, thats decent quality, that I can get in up to 2 months, that I can actually see and feel, driving distance Brooklyn?

dorala

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 10:21 am
Katz Furniture has Palliser sectionals in stock. Im sure they have grey as its the most popular color

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 10:25 am
dorala wrote:
Katz Furniture has Palliser sectionals in stock. Im sure they have grey as its the most popular color

Thanks.

Lakewood?

Thats leather or fabric?

Where else would I look at sofas in Lakewood?

dorala

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 10:35 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks.

Lakewood?

Thats leather or fabric?

Where else would I look at sofas in Lakewood?

yes in lakewood. they have both

ladYdI

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 10:56 am
I got one in Churchill in Lakewood

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 11:35 am
simcha2 wrote:
What about Raymour and Flanigan?

I think that's probably the next stop up from Bob's.

shanie5

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 1:33 pm
We bought a pleather couch from big lots. About 5 years ago. It's still very comfy, but because it's pleather, it's peeling like crazy. We ordered a new couch from a 'real' furniture store and are willing to wait for it (4-6 months).
The big lots couch and 2 recliners were a total of $1200. Was well worth it, but I wouldn't buy pleather again. I would buy a big lots fabric couch.

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 1:39 pm
Does anyone have any experience with Ashley?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries