Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Lost weight but not so much inches
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 9:15 am
I’ve been losing weight steadily on a program
But not as much inches around my waist as I did in the past

Currently I’m
5’0 tall, 133.5lbs, 38 inches around my waist and a solid size 10.
When I started I was a size 16, so I did lose inches. It’s just that at the eight I am now in the past I was leaner

In the past at 133 I was a size 35” around the waist and a size 8 was big but a size 6 was a little tight

I always hear abs are made in the kitchen

amother
Bellflower

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 9:29 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Currently I’m
When I started I was a size 16, so I did lose inches. It’s just that at the eight I am now in the past I was leaner

In the past at 133 I was a size 35” around the waist and a size 8 was big but a size 6 was a little tight

Wow! You went from 16 to 10? What program are you on? Because I'm doing intermittent fasting and loosing imches but not loosing weight! So frustrating!

amother
Geranium

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 9:33 am
Abs are made in the kitchen after you break them down in the gym and then feed your body the building blocks to build more. But exercises directly targeting the abs are dangerous for your spine and joints, so you have to work them indirectly using whole-body exercise.

amother
Dimgray

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 9:35 am
You need to do strength training & eat plenty protein in order to grow muscle.

amother
Black

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 10:15 am
This thread is so interesting to me. I’m 5” weigh 155 and I’m a size 8-10. My waistline is a 33. How does this make sense?

At 133 pounds I’d be a size 4-6.

amother
Geranium

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 10:19 am
Body composition. Repeated dieting leads to proportionately more body fat and less muscle, plus there are natural variations.

amother
Hunter

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 10:31 am
Now that you lost the weight you can lose the inches through exercise.

amother
Geranium

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 10:46 am
amother [ Hunter ] wrote:
Now that you lost the weight you can lose the inches through exercise.

Unfortunately, losing weight can make it harder to put on muscle mass. Some people have seen success doing the opposite - eating more and going through a temporary period of weight gain (putting on muscle while retaining the same or slightly gaining body fat) and then losing the weight afterward.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 11:00 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
This thread is so interesting to me. I’m 5” weigh 155 and I’m a size 8-10. My waistline is a 33. How does this make sense?

At 133 pounds I’d be a size 4-6.

This is exactly what I’m saying
At 133 I was close to a 6, 8 wouldbe a tad big
But now I’m a size 10, and 8 is way too tight

I keep on saying it’s age related but I really want to get down to size 6
And B”H the weight is coming off
My goal is to be 120lbs
I’m planning to lose these last 15 lbs slowly

amother
Geranium

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 11:04 am
Maybe you should rethink having a weight goal and start working on your body composition instead.

srbmom

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 11:07 am
My weight can easily fluctuate within a 10 pound range based on my eating habits, but the only way I see a difference in how my clothing actually fits is when I exercise

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 11:38 am
amother [ Geranium ] wrote:
Maybe you should rethink having a weight goal and start working on your body composition instead.

Please explain how I do that
My goal was always to be a solid real (not vanity size) size 6, small. I don’t care about my weight on the scale as much as the size
I do have a dress that is my goal.

amother
Geranium

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 11:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Please explain how I do that
My goal was always to be a solid real (not vanity size) size 6, small. I don’t care about my weight on the scale as much as the size
I do have a dress that is my goal.

First make sure that's a healthy goal for you. It may not be; it's possible you're healthiest at a size larger than that. If you do go forward, the first step is to stop using the scale and start trying on clothes or measuring your size. Focus on strength training and a mix of other exercises (but avoid ab workouts because they're bad for your spine). Make sure you eat enough, including protein, to build the muscle. It is normal to gain some weight in the process, but you should be careful to strike the right balance. Over time, your body composition will become leaner. Depending on how much muscle and how it affects your metabolism, in the long term you may gain weight (superficially from having the same amount of body fat or slightly less but more muscle) or lose weight (if your higher metabolism causes your body to burn more weight in fat than it gains in mucle), but either way, gaining muscle makes you healthier.

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 2:35 pm
I have a huge ( although normal) liver. Also diastasis recti. My waist is the last part of me to go down.

This post is why it is said the scaLe is meaningless . We have two people different heights same weight same size. Body composition is body composition. By BMI MANy WEIGHT LIFTERS ARE OBESE.

Sorry for the Caps.

Btw I’m five one, 203 and my waist is around 38-40. My hips and butt are relAtively non existent.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 3:08 pm
andrea levy wrote:
I have a huge ( although normal) liver. Also diastasis recti. My waist is the last part of me to go down.

This post is why it is said the scaLe is meaningless . We have two people different heights same weight same size. Body composition is body composition. By BMI MANy WEIGHT LIFTERS ARE OBESE.

Sorry for the Caps.

Btw I’m five one, 203 and my waist is around 38-40. My hips and butt are relAtively non existent.

This is why I’m saying that 133.5lbs I shouldn’t be 38” around my waist
Something is wrong

amother
Hosta

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 3:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Currently I’m

Sizes have changed. I lost 16 pounds I went to buy a new skirt from what I currently had they said that skirt is being recut so I went back when it was in stock well guess what I bought the same size I compared it and it’s 4 inches smaller then previous 16 they just cut it smaller

Chana Miriam S

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 5:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This is why I’m saying that 133.5lbs I shouldn’t be 38” around my waist
Something is wrong

You can address with your doctor.

BubbyNJ

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 8:22 pm
you should see a doctor -

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 8:31 pm
BubbyNJ wrote:
you should see a doctor -

Talk to a dr. about composition????
He ll just tell me so lose weight

Chana Miriam S

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 11:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Talk to a dr. about composition????
He ll just tell me so lose weight

When I addressed my belly not going down proportionately with my weight, I addressed it with my ductile. We discovered diastasis recti and a big liver.

It’s not that my belly didn’t go down. It USED to be sixty. Yup, I was as high around as I was tall.

In any case when I got married at five pounds less than now my belly was six inches smaller. Why? No idea except DR and the liver thing. The liver thing scared me bc I thought maybe it was fatty liver but it isn’t and has been confirmed twice by ultrasound. For whatever reason my liver is bigger than it used to be. Not much I can do about it.

So, I’m just love ING my body as it is. I’m grateful for it. I’ll admit to a bit if jealousy that you weigh seventy pounds less than me and I’ll probably never weigh what you weigh either.

If you think something is wrong, speak with your doctor. It’s not a joke. Your waist is disproportionate to your height and weight . Maybe there is something causing it. Better to find out!

Last edited by Chana Miriam S on Sun, Jan 16 2022, 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise