Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Cancun Mexico

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 8:34 pm
Planning to travel to Cancun from the USA in the next 2 weeks. Is it still required to get tested for Covid in order to enter Mexico. How about coming back to the US?

amother
Stoneblue

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 8:36 pm
I don’t know about the COVID testing. But a relative of mine just went there. All her kosher food was stolen at the border. The same with all the other frum travelers.

lucky14

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 8:59 pm
amother [ Stoneblue ] wrote:
I don’t know about the COVID testing. But a relative of mine just went there. All her kosher food was stolen at the border. The same with all the other frum travelers.

oh wow. How? Who stole it?

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 9:04 pm
lucky14 wrote:
oh wow. How? Who stole it?
m
I went recently, they were definitely singling us out with the food, but only took away whatever was not clearly marked as made in the USA.
I did not need a test to go but did need one to return (hotel provided the service). This was in May.

noidea

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 9:07 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
m
I went recently, they were definitely singling us out with the food, but only took away whatever was not clearly marked as made in the USA.
I did not need a test to go but did need one to return (hotel provided the service). This was in May.

Checked luggage also ?

noidea

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 9:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Planning to travel to Cancun from the USA in the next 2 weeks. Is it still required to get tested for Covid in order to enter Mexico. How about coming back to the US?

Were going in 2-3 weeks no covid test needed on way there unless not wearing mask over 2 (we are having that with a child) but covid test needed everyone to enter US. Pcr test not rapid are usually required for flight related covid tests
Yes some hospitals and hotels providing tests
Have fun !

cnc

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 9:26 pm

Is that because they tried bringing meat in?

amother
Stoneblue

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 9:51 pm
I don’t know what kind of food but it was taken by border guards. They asked what the reason was but were not told why. From carryon and checked bags.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 10:02 pm
I don’t know what kind of food but it was taken by border guards. They asked what the reason was but were not told why. From carryon and checked bags.

So it wasn’t stolen. It was confiscated. Stolen makes it sound like they were the victims of theft

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 10:24 am
OP, amother Wine, Noidea - did you end up going? Liked it? Where did you stay? What did you end up doing about food?

noidea

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 9:04 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
OP, amother Wine, Noidea - did you end up going? Liked it? Where did you stay? What did you end up doing about food?

went with kids adults only way more nicer options
ate twice in ember restaurant good food chabad also has but didnt go there brought some food with as well but next time would buy more there didnt have to bring that much
had a good time its very beachy type of place much more fun parks and activities to do with adults so cant help much there

amother
Hyssop

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 11:39 pm
What the Status with covid now? Do we need to be vaxed or have a negative test?

amother
Hyssop

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 3:32 pm

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 3:57 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:

We stayed at the Hyatt ziva torquoise tower. It was amazing!! Most activities are beach/water based and there is a lot to do. We prefer relaxing so we don’t cram much in but had a lot of fun and it was definitely relaxing. They treat you totally too with private butlers and the entire atmosphere feeling very high end and chilled.
We ate at Ember kosher and brought along a bunch of stuff for brunch and snack.

amother
Glitter

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 4:17 pm
Some tourists did not make it home from there.

amother
Iris

Post Thu, Feb 10 2022, 9:19 pm
amother [ Glitter ] wrote:
Some tourists did not make it home from there.

What do you mean?

amother
Hyssop

Post Thu, Feb 10 2022, 11:03 pm
We just came back. Besides the delayed flight and the horrible experience with jet blue, we had a wonderful time, stayed at banyan tree.

Ama

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Feb 10 2022, 11:37 pm
amother [ Iris ] wrote:
What do you mean?

They were killed in gang violence near all the popular tourist hotels. There've been multiple incidents in the past several months. With so many warm places to go, I'll hold off on Cancun until they resolve their safety issues.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics