Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How soon are ppl getting covid for the 2nd time?
Previous  1  2

Raisin

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 11:13 am
if you are alive to tell the tale you may still have some protection, despite getting it twice.

People who test positive 3 months later...are they sure it is not residual? People can test positive weeks or months after recovering. When I tested positive 6 weeks after having covid (becuause I travelled) they were able to look at my tests and see that it was the same illness.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 3:24 pm
Raisin- I had it less than 3 months apart and was testing negative by a month later.
Rapid tests aren’t usually sensitive enough to pick up an older infection, people test neg pretty quickly after

amother
Broom

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 3:27 pm
Raisin wrote:
if you are alive to tell the tale you may still have some protection, despite getting it twice.

People who test positive 3 months later...are they sure it is not residual? People can test positive weeks or months after recovering. When I tested positive 6 weeks after having covid (becuause I travelled) they were able to look at my tests and see that it was the same illness.

Ppl are testing 3 months later testing negative in between for travel

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 3:57 pm
amother [ Arcticblue ] wrote:
I disagree- previous antibodies should work like the vaccine. It won’t prevent you from getting it will make it much milder

I should clarify, I meant nothing as in not preventing getting it a second time..not that it won't help to get a milder case.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics