Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Need a creative solution to my towel problem

applesbananas

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 7:11 pm
I have 3 little kids, the kids and adults all use the main floor bathroom off of the kitchen. It has a towel rod. The towels slip right off the rod. Any bigger kid or adult would just hang it back up after using it but my little kids can’t quite reach it and the towels end up on the floor. If each of them use the bathroom 4-5 times a day that me picking up and rehanging towels 15 times a day. I got so sick of it that I stopped keeping towels there. They are in the kitchen, after the bathroom we come to the kitchen to dry our hands. I had my parents for shabbos and like every other time they came they brought up the lack of towels (can we offer to buy you new hand towels, Sara?!) really I should just hand them there for shabbos but I always forget. The best solution would be a ring instead of a rod but that would be spackeling and repainting the bathroom. Anyone with any other creative ideas?

Debbig

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 7:18 pm
Command makes so many different hooks that do not need any holes to be put up. Check to see if there are any hooks that you think would work.
Another thing you can do is get the towels that have a loop sewn onto them too keep them on the hooks. I noticed them in target recently.

zaq

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 7:20 pm
Sew little loops on the towels. Install hooks at a lower height convenient for your dc and hang the towels from the loops. If th e towels drag on the floor, get smaller towels.

ra_mom

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 7:21 pm
Can you hang rings from the rod?

caza

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 7:23 pm
I had the exact same issue and purchased these. They are also self adhesive so no need to drill new holes.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/nuose.....psc=1

applesbananas

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 7:24 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Can you hang rings from the rod?

I’m not sure the rod comes out, but rings do open! Love this idea

ra_mom

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 7:25 pm
applesbananas wrote:

I meant rings that open so you can slip them on and close them shut.

geemum

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 7:34 pm
applesbananas wrote:

You can use "s hooks" https://www.etsy.com/uk/market/s_hook

anonymrs

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 7:45 pm
I have a towel ring and it's not any better than a rod. The towel is still always on the floor. I'm going to try one of these ideas here. Thanx!

SingALong

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 7:49 pm
I keep 2 small hand towels rolled nicely on the counter near the sink. Or folded. The kids use it and leave it on the counter, usually not folded. Every time I go into the bathroom I refold. I have a draw in the vanity where I keep 1-2 extra hand towels for when the ones being used get too damp and I replace them would that work?even a tiny counter space should have a small corner you can stick a small washcloth or hand towel.

applesbananas

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 8:19 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I meant rings that open so you can slip them on and close them shut.

Ty!! I called my mom and said if they offer still stands for hand towels, can you buy me new ones that have a loop sewn on to them. So she’s very excited to help me. I ordered clear rings on amazon. Think I’ll do this in all the bathrooms..

ra_mom

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 8:21 pm
applesbananas wrote:
Ty!! I called my mom and said if they offer still stands for hand towels, can you buy me new ones that have a loop sewn on to them. So she’s very excited to help me. I ordered clear rings on amazon. Think I’ll do this in all the bathrooms..

Ask her to look for hand towels with loops. Many come with it already sewn in these days.

DustyDiamonds

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 8:35 pm
You can sew snaps or Velcro on the edges of your towels if you want to keep the current rod. I keep thinking of doing that!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry