Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Cosleeping

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 6:53 pm
My two month old only sleeps when I hold her. I’ve tried everything- swaddles, putting her down drowsy, putting her down asleep , a bassinet attached to the bed… she only sleeps in my arms and screams inconsolably if I put her down . She doesn’t “cry it out” she’ll just keep going. I’m terrified to cosleep. She had some of the risk factors- premature, low birth weight…. She is still kind of small for her age. I also don’t know what else to do. I am getting 0 sleep .

SG18

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 6:57 pm
I had this, and it's why I looked into cosleeping. I found myself doing it anyways, and wanted it to be safe. Feel free to message me, if you'd like to discuss how to do it correctly.

amother
Green

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 7:26 pm
Are you sure she is really full (not just full enough) when you put her down?
I’m sure you have “nothing better to do” 🙄 than read a book now but I found the “baby whisperer” book changed my life (at kid #5 no less)

She claims that sleep is affected by how well the baby is feeding and how much the baby is stimulated (“play”) before sleep, and how we set the stage for sleep - teaches you how to train the baby to view the crib as a safe place instead of a horrible prison she needs to escape from lol.

My life with my later kids is a different universe than my first four after I read this book.

two caveats:
1. it’s a book so you have to read it when you can barely keep your eyes open but WORTH IT
2. The author has a very condescending and snarky tone. You can come out of it feeling like you are the worst mother in the world if you’re not careful! Just take her advice but not her opinions, remind yourself you’re amazing, and you’ll be fine.

HATZLOCHA!

tichellady

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 7:30 pm
Something has to give. Can you hire a night nurse? I hold my babies to sleep for the first two months since it’s the only way they sleep and I feel ok with it since I’m in the middle of a king sized bed and I feel very aware of the baby while lightly sleeping. But you need to feel comfortable with it otherwise not worth it. I hire some help during the day so I can take a nap. I’m still quite tired but a night nurse isn’t an option for me and this keeps me feeling ok. Perhaps see what the pediatrician advises. Mine told me I need to hire someone or have my husband take the baby so I can have at least one four hour chunk of sleep. Have you tried the snoo? Didn’t work for me but I know people who found it great for their babies

Also two month old is too young for sleep training in my opinion. I do sleep train but not at two months. It’s a hard time for babies when they feel uncomfortable and really need to be close to a loving adult. It does get better. Both my kids slept terribly at two months and I promise you sleep does get better! The first few months are so hard

Mom B2021

Post Mon, Feb 28 2022, 7:45 pm
Hi had the same problem! Especially during daytime naps. The momaroo swing has been a life saver for me. It basically mimics the movement of parents rocking.Look into it, worth every penny….saved my mental health.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Mon, Feb 28 2022, 8:23 pm
Had same until we tried SNOO at 2 months.
It wasn’t a-ma-zing but it was helpful.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics