Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Moving to Florida - plan my teaching wardrobe

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 5:03 pm
Hi, I am from the NJ area and I'll be moving to an area where I won't need the majority of my wardrobe for teaching, which is very wintery. I am not sure what to buy...my summer clothes are mostly too casual for teaching. I'm a kodesh teacher, will be working in a BY school. I would like a capsule type wardrobe that will go for 7 to 8 days...please give a wardrobe suggestion to help me shop, thank you. The look should be professional/dressy, but not over the top.

amother
Brickred

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 5:50 pm
Your best bet is to go to a frum store and buy a capsule you can build on. 3 skirts, 5 tops and maybe a dress.

Especially since Florida doesn’t have the same selection once you’re there.

I would either do Junees, Brenda’s or a combination of both depending on budget.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 5:52 pm
Thanks. Can you give a description of the type of skirts and tops you think would be appropriate? Or links? I'm not a natural at this, thanks

shaqued_almond

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 5:57 pm
Florida is a little more casual in general but you can't go wrong with plain skirts and shirts.

amother
DarkGray

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 6:38 pm
You can do a lightweight cardigan over a maxi dress.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074.....4FZP7
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H.....5ZH74

amother
White

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 7:45 pm
amother [ DarkGray ] wrote:
You can do a lightweight cardigan over a maxi dress.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074.....4FZP7
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H.....5ZH74

Sorry, NO, these would not do.
Not professional enough
Midi skirt (solid color) with nice print blouse or nice summerish sweater

amother
Oleander

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 8:07 pm
Some combination ideas;
-pencil skirt with pesanty top, ruffle or peter pan collared top, bell sleeved top, etc.
Looser top and pencil skirt is the idea
-ruffled hem maxi skirt with a simple tighter top
-flowy a line skirt with a tighther top or with a looser top tucked in
-midi long sleeved dresses

amother
Zinnia

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 10:04 pm
I live in LA. We wear winter colors but not necessarily heavy clothes. Have a few basic skirts and some cute tops you can switch around vzehu.
My current winter teaching wardrobe here is black tights, dark skirt (black navy etc), and darker colored tops (white black gray olive navy etc) and cute light sweaters.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 10:13 pm
It is waaay too hot to wear black tights in Miami. Once in awhile it's a bit "chilly" in the morning--like upper 60s/low 70s-- but it will heat up quickly by midmorning and you will be perishing of heat by noon if you are wearing black tights or sweaters lol. Definitely if you are a new transplant!

DustyDiamonds

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 11:47 pm
Most frum stores are having their winter sales now, and then the summer items will be full price until around June/July. Do you need these things now, or are you starting next school year?

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 5:12 am
I used to teach at a BY in a warm climate. Most kodesh teachers wore plain midi skirts and a top with a shell underneath, a simple necklace, stockings, and flats. If the air conditioning is cold wear a cardigan.

amother
White

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 9:12 am
amother [ Zinnia ] wrote:
I live in LA. We wear winter colors but not necessarily heavy clothes. Have a few basic skirts and some cute tops you can switch around vzehu.
My current winter teaching wardrobe here is black tights, dark skirt (black navy etc), and darker colored tops (white black gray olive navy etc) and cute light sweaters.

Nude stockings is what we wear
Think summer all year and have a few solid cardigans in case it’s cold in the classroom from the a/c
Also- color all yr long not just black, black,black
Nothing too cutesy
Think professional
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics