Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
When did it get to be SO hard to get your daughter into camp
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Diamond

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 8:08 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Hang on, who got waitlisted? Your daughter that went last year, or the next daughter?

But man, that's nuts!

I sent my two older girls to CBY years ago when it was very chilled, you could practically register after Pesach. I woke up too late last year and got waitlisted with my DD, but they accepted her in the end (in June! Someone had backed out). They told me that on the waitlist I will have Kadima over new applicants, since I was a prior parent.

I guess we need some new camps!

my next daughter. they are one year apart, my older daughter is going back. I tried calling but no answer.

amother
Jade

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 8:26 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Bnos seems to have some room left. We applied recently and got in for second half.

What type of girls go second half? I am hearing mixed things.

amother
Linen

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 8:33 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
What type of girls go second half? I am hearing mixed things.

I know Lakewood and Far Rockaway girls going. Regular BY type. What did you hear?

amother
Jade

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 8:39 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
I know Lakewood and Far Rockaway girls going. Regular BY type. What did you hear?

More like second half is a very big mix of types. Considering they still had room, makes me question why when all other camps seems to be full the day applications opened. Im waiting to hear back from some staff there as my daughter is waitlisted and needs a place to go.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 8:39 pm
amother [ Diamond ] wrote:
my next daughter. they are one year apart, my older daughter is going back. I tried calling but no answer.

Email and call again. I’d assume it was a mistake.
Good luck

amother
Linen

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 8:48 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
More like second half is a very big mix of types. Considering they still had room, makes me question why when all other camps seems to be full the day applications opened. Im waiting to hear back from some staff there as my daughter is waitlisted and needs a place to go.

I think it’s just less hyped up.

amother
Yolk

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 8:52 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Palgai is an amazing Bais Yaakov camp. The girls there are good, solid, growing girls. The atmosphere is homey and family-like. No focus on external pressures really. The staff leans towards heimish, though not everyone. The girls are not necessarily heimish and come from all over. It’s a newish camp, this will be their third summer.

Honestly, Its a really nice heimish camp.
Mostly girls from BP.
Few from monsey, few from lakewood.
There was 1 girl from oot There.

The bunkhouses are not the nicest though and theyre so $$$..

amother
Bluebell

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 8:54 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:

Interesting. I doubt it though, they mostly take from frum, solid BY type families, so can't be that big a mix...

amother
Snapdragon

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 9:02 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:

Most camps have room second half
For some reason first half I much more popular tor girls. Especially from yeshivish communities.

amother
Jade

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 9:04 pm
amother [ Snapdragon ] wrote:
Most camps have room second half
For some reason first half I much more popular tor girls. Especially from yeshivish communities.

Besides Bnos which ones have room second half?

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 9:08 pm
My daughter was in bnos last year. She had an amazing summer.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 9:41 pm
What about camp Malka?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 6:20 pm
Anyone have a positive development to share?

amother
Diamond

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 3:18 pm
not here.. we are still not accepted anywhere. .. called brc no luck even though my older daughter is there..

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 4:54 pm
The tough thing is that it's not just a matter of finding a camp that is a good fit and has room, but also finding someone to go with.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 5:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The tough thing is that it's not just a matter of finding a camp that is a good fit and has room, but also finding someone to go with.

some girls need this more than others. Some will make friends in camp and don't necessarily need (or even want) to go with others...and for some, it's crucial.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 5:10 pm
jade- I live in Cincinnati. The federation gives money towards sleepaway camp (more first year, less second year) but it needs to be an "approved" camp, not all camps are. I think other federations give less but also give and have criteria so the camps that are approved fill up very quickly. Maarava and Agudah are both approved. So is Maayan but it's new. Don't know that bnos is, don't know anyone from here that goes there.

brbs

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 6:56 am
My daughter was waitlisted for MTM and Agudah Midwest. In the end she is going to Lehava. We live in the SW so I’m not thrilled about sending her to the Catskills, the Midwest camps are closer.

She’s super excited and not going with anyone she knows. I did ask the camp if they can put us in touch with some of the oot girls coming without friends.

SomeoneNew

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 8:36 am
For anyone looking for a creative camp, my daughters have attended Tizmoret Shoshana for years. It's a creative arts camp - music, dance, drama, art, creative writing, etc. It is more pricy than lots of camps but they offer financial assistance. It's just over 3 weeks this summer, first half. Lots of girls from BY background, but also some MO, friendly OOT-type camp.

amother
Wallflower

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 11:03 am
Delete.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics