Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Lost weight but not so much inches
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 11:45 pm
andrea levy wrote:
When I addressed my belly not going down proportionately with my weight, I addressed it with my ductile. We discovered diastasis recti and a big liver.

It’s not that my belly didn’t go down. It USED to be sixty. Yup, I was as high around as I was tall.

In any case when I got married at five pounds less than now my belly was six inches smaller. Why? No idea except DR and the liver thing. The liver thing scared me bc I thought maybe it was fatty liver but it isn’t and has been confirmed twice by ultrasound. For whatever reason my liver is bigger than it used to be. Not much I can do about it.

So, I’m just love ING my body as it is. I’m grateful for it. I’ll admit to a bit if jealousy that you weigh seventy pounds less than me and ate 9 inches taller, but I’ll never be tall and I may never weigh what you weigh either. If you think something is wrong, speak with your doctor. It’s not a joke. Your waist is disproportionate to your height and weight . Maybe there is something causing it. Better to find out!

I’m 5’0
Where did you get that I’m 9” taller

Esty 4

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 12:08 am
sorry to derail, but will 10 min exercise a day make a dif in my weight?

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 12:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m 5’0
Where did you get that I’m 9” taller

Thought you were five ten. Sorry if I misread. In any case I weigh a good seventy pounds more than you do. Regardless of your height. I’m five one.

amother
Geranium

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 1:08 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Talk to a dr. about composition????
He ll just tell me so lose weight

Sadly, that is likely because there are many incompetent doctors. ("Just lose weight" is really stupid advice, even for an overweight patient. It's true that following the advice technically would improve the situation, but it's on the level of "just stop having a bone fracture" or "just lose your cancer cells" or "just keep your heart beating regularly.") It's worth finding a good doctor, though.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 7:08 am
[quote="andrea levy"
Btw I’m five one, 203 and my waist is around 38-40. My hips and butt are relAtively non existent.[/quote]

Imposible
This is VERY LEAN for 203 lbs
What size skirt do you wear

I wear a size 10 skirt
If I take the tape measure around my waist (where my belly button is) it measures 38”
Unless this is not how I’m suppose to measure

How can you be 38” and say that you are not lean

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 3:42 pm
BUMP

srbmom

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 3:46 pm
Quote:

Try it. For me it does (as long as I'm also watching what I'm eating)
If you're doing a targeted workout - usually some type of abs workout - then 10 minutes a day may be all that you need to lose a couple of inches around your waist

imaima

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 4:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’ve been losing weight steadily on a program
But not as much inches around my waist as I did in the past

Currently I’m
5’0 tall, 133.5lbs, 38 inches around my waist and a solid size 10.
When I started I was a size 16, so I did lose inches. It’s just that at the eight I am now in the past I was leaner

In the past at 133 I was a size 35” around the waist and a size 8 was big but a size 6 was a little tight

I always hear abs are made in the kitchen

And that's your only source of fitness info???
Abs are also made in the gym.

imaima

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 4:28 pm
Do you keep gaining and losing between pregnancies?
You may have diastasis recti too. You can check yourself if you have any. You may have fat around your waste due to metabolic issues.

amother
Geranium

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 4:30 pm
Targeted ab workouts do work your abs, but at risk of injuring your spine. Do whole body exercises that include your abs.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 5:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
[quote="andrea levy"
Btw I’m five one, 203 and my waist is around 38-40. My hips and butt are relAtively non existent.

Imposible
This is VERY LEAN for 203 lbs
What size skirt do you wear

I wear a size 10 skirt
If I take the tape measure around my waist (where my belly button is) it measures 38”
Unless this is not how I’m suppose to measure

How can you be 38” and say that you are not lean[/quote]

I don’t know what’s wrong with me. My bra back size Is 38. My waist, depends on where you measure it because I have a high waist and its Unclear exactly where it is although honestly it’s almost as high as my back if you go by the indentation at what we think of as our waist.

In any case, if you are worried, speak with your doctor. A good doctor is not going to tell you to lose weight when you’ve already lost weight and your fat loss is disproportionate in your belly. You can ask him to look for causes. 133 is not fat at all and even if it isn’t what you think it should be, a measure is a measure, not dysmorphia.

You’ve had a lot of good comments on this thread. Your mileage may vary.

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 5:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’ve been losing weight steadily on a program
But not as much inches around my waist as I did in the past

Currently I’m
5’0 tall, 133.5lbs, 38 inches around my waist and a solid size 10.
When I started I was a size 16, so I did lose inches. It’s just that at the eight I am now in the past I was leaner

In the past at 133 I was a size 35” around the waist and a size 8 was big but a size 6 was a little tight

I always hear abs are made in the kitchen
can u please share ur diet ?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 5:48 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
can u please share ur diet ?

I’m doing GSA - GREYSHEET
It’s the only thing that has helped me

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 6:53 pm
srbmom wrote:
Quote:

Try it. For me it does (as long as I'm also watching what I'm eating)
If you're doing a targeted workout - usually some type of abs workout - then 10 minutes a day may be all that you need to lose a couple of inches around your waist

whats abs?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise