Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Juicing advice
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 10:54 pm
I know only a little about juicing but I want to know everything.

I’m not looking to replace all my meals with juice, rather add juicing to my day.

I’ll tell you my needs and wonder if juicing will help and if so, what combo of foods?
- Im 35lbs overweight and I feel like a lot of it is water retention. Any remedy for that?
- boost metabolism
- lower cholesterol

Give me details. Is even juicing once effective or is it only if it’s consistently the same juice every day will it accomplish the goal?

Tell me what I need to know!

And before you jump on me, I’m already working with someone to address my food intake. I’m asking here strictly regarding juicing

IsraeliSoul

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 11:14 pm
Even if you do it once, it is super healthy. But of course you’ll get the most out of it by doing it consistently over an extended period of time.
One more thing to take into consideration, to get all of the nutrients, you must consume it within 10 minutes of juicing the fruits and veg

Would very much recommend trying it!
It’s a bit time consuming but it is so so worth it! It’s the healthiest most effective energy drink you can get and you’ll feel like a new person, besides for the weight loss.

amother
NeonPink

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 12:27 am
IsraeliSoul wrote:
Even if you do it once, it is super healthy. But of course you’ll get the most out of it by doing it consistently over an extended period of time.
One more thing to take into consideration, to get all of the nutrients, you must consume it within 10 minutes of juicing the fruits and veg

Would very much recommend trying it!
It’s a bit time consuming but it is so so worth it! It’s the healthiest most effective energy drink you can get and you’ll feel like a new person, besides for the weight loss.

I didn't know this. Are you sure about this?
I sip the drink and it takes me about an hour to finish.
I read that if stored in a air tight container it can last up to 3-5 days in the fridge.
I just know that freezing it takes out the nutrients.

amother
Valerian

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 12:30 am
It actually is not healthy. The body doesn't process it well.

IsraeliSoul

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 12:34 am
amother [ NeonPink ] wrote:
I didn't know this. Are you sure about this?
I sip the drink and it takes me about an hour to finish.
I read that if stored in a air tight container it can last up to 3-5 days in the fridge.
I just know that freezing it takes out the nutrients.

My Saba is a juicing “guru” and that’s what he keeps telling everyone, but I didn’t do my own research. You’re right, it stays fresh in an airtight container for several days, but the best time to consume it is within 10 minutes, as far as I know.

amother
NeonPink

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 12:36 am
IsraeliSoul wrote:
My Saba is a juicing “guru” and that’s what he keeps telling everyone, but I didn’t do my own research. You’re right, it stays fresh in an airtight container for several days, but the best time to consume it is within 10 minutes, as far as I know.

Ok. Thanks

amother
NeonPink

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 12:36 am
amother [ Valerian ] wrote:
It actually is not healthy. The body doesn't process it well.

Source please?
From what I've personally seen lots of people who are into health and wellness are into juicing.

amother
Foxglove

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 12:37 am
Please explain how increasing your fructose intake is at all beneficial for weight loss? I am truly perplexed.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 12:44 am
The important part of the produce is not the juice part. Eat an apple rather than juice of 5 apples( lotsa sugar. You need the fiber and other parts that the juice doesn’t have. It won’t fill you up the same way regular produce will. Juicing is not good for a diet.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 12:45 am
Source please?
From what I've personally seen lots of people who are into health and wellness are into juicing.

Because it’s a “fad”. They starve themselves so of course they lose weight. Juicing has zero health benefits.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 12:45 am
amother [ Foxglove ] wrote:
Please explain how increasing your fructose intake is at all beneficial for weight loss? I am truly perplexed.

It’s perfect for getting a non alcoholic fatty liver! ( fructose is only processed by the liver.)

amother
Valerian

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 12:47 am
Source please?

Being into health and wellness doesn't make what you do healthy any more than being into Greek mythology makes you a god.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 12:50 am
flowerpower wrote:
The important part of the produce is not the juice part. Eat an apple rather than juice of 5 apples( lotsa sugar. You need the fiber and other parts that the juice doesn’t have. It won’t fill you up the same way regular produce will. Juicing is not good for a diet.

I’m pretty sure eating five apples isn’t a good idea either.

I just want to point out that while I am not a fan of weight watchers in general, they ‘charge’ 0 points for fruits eaten as fruits but definitely points for fruits eaten as smoothies and juice. This is because destroying the fiber essentially turns the fruit into a sugar shot.

I’m sure there are healthy people who do juicing but my guess is that they are moderate in all things and that the juice isn’t harming them even if it isn’t necessarily benefiting them.

In nutrition science, the only thing all the different parties agree upon is that eating food in as minimally processed a form as possible is the best way to eat it and stay Healthy. Juicing is very much processing.

If you are sugar sensitive, I would not suggest it.

Last edited by Chana Miriam S on Sun, Jan 16 2022, 2:06 am; edited 2 times in total

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 12:52 am
Oh and also, while I personally think that the triglycerides/HDL ratio is the only important thing to be understood from a lipid test, there is definite data to show that if you want to tweak your LDL, adding fiber, not removing it is more effective.

amother
NeonPink

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 12:52 am
amother [ Foxglove ] wrote:

I don't increase my fructose intake by juicing.
I juice lemons, ginger, cucumbers, celery, and green apple (sometimes kale or spinach)
Besides the 1 green apple, none of them have lots of sugar. And I wouldn't eat most of these veggies otherwise. Certainly not the celery and the ginger.

IsraeliSoul

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 12:53 am
Fruit juices are indeed not the “superfood” people think it is. But vegetable juices are super healthy. Though it still shouldn’t be used as a food substitute. We need to eat regular food as well.

IsraeliSoul

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 12:54 am
You can add an apple etc to sweeten it

amother
NeonPink

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 1:21 am
Being into health and wellness doesn't make what you do healthy any more than being into Greek mythology makes you a god.

I was talking about people who do this for a living. And they certainly are touting the benefits of juicing. We're talking specifically about juicing vegetables. I don't know anyone who juices fruits.

amother
Valerian

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 2:00 am
I was talking about people who do this for a living. And they certainly are touting the benefits of juicing. We're talking specifically about juicing vegetables. I don't know anyone who juices fruits.

And they want to keep doing this for a living. The sicker the client, the wealthier the "health" servicer.

amother
NeonPink

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 2:02 am
And they want to keep doing this for a living. The sicker the client, the wealthier the "health" servicer.

Ok. I appreciate that you're trying to be helpful but I'm not that dumb and I'm not dealing with such kind of people.
I'd like a legit source that juicing vegetables is not healthy. So far I've only seen sources with benefits.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise