Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Israeli/ American bias Yaakov

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 8:26 am
I’m a newlywed Bh:)
Want to make Aliya with my Dh Bzh.
We don’t have any children yet, but are trying to figure out weather we’d want to send our children to standard Israeli bais yaakov/ yeshivas or American.

Any thoughts or insights would be greatly appreciated.

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 8:28 am
It's better to integrate your kids into Israeli society. There's very very few american schools to begin with anyway.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 10:13 am
OP, what do you mean by an american schools? Israel has israeli schools. There may be some schools in different locations that have a lot of anglo olim and/or their children that also made aliyah.
But there are no actual american schools, unless you mean the Jerusalem American International School, but I dont think thats what you meant Wink

amother
Garnet

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 10:14 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m a newlywed Bh:)
Want to make Aliya with my Dh Bzh.
We don’t have any children yet, but are trying to figure out weather we’d want to send our children to standard Israeli bais yaakov/ yeshivas or American.

Any thoughts or insights would be greatly appreciated.

If youre moving to e"y wouldn't it make more sense to integrate them into Israeli society than American-Israeli?

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 10:16 am
The classic cart before the horse conundrum

Success10

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 10:32 am
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
The classic cart before the horse conundrum

Yea, cross that bridge when you get there. But, for what it's worth, American style Yeshivas and Bais Yaakovs are suited for those who made aliyah with older kids already and can't really integrate into mainstream Israeli places. If you are making aliyah before you have kids, the preferable choice is to send them to mainstream places. Once kids are Beezras Hashem in the picture, that is.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions