Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Clean skin

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 8:52 am
I currently stopped using foundation thats full of chemicals etc and begun applying rose hip oil almond oil and jojoba oil every day.

my skin has a dirty look. besides for slight freckles just at the top of face across nose ,my skin has a dirty look - I don't know how to explain it. also have slight bags under eyes.

anything else (natural)I could add or change in diet to clear up my skin and give it a natural clean healthy look? its not rough or pimply, no problem with texture...just the unclean look...

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 9:02 am
It sounds like you mean uneven skin tone.

frummiebackhome

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 9:17 am
Would it be ok with a natural bb cream? It evens out the skin tone. And also sunscreen daily to prevent aging

Edit typos

amother
NeonPurple

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 9:33 am
A good quality vitamin c serum can help brighten the skin and even out your skin tone. And of course retinol helps everything.
Wearing a mineral sunscreen everyday can help prevent further sun damage, though it won't correct what's already there.
For myself, I generally find when I eat clean and support my liver, my skin is more clear and even.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 1:22 pm
amother [ NeonPurple ] wrote:
A good quality vitamin c serum can help brighten the skin and even out your skin tone. And of course retinol helps everything.
Wearing a mineral sunscreen everyday can help prevent further sun damage, though it won't correct what's already there.
For myself, I generally find when I eat clean and support my liver, my skin is more clear and even.

what is retinol? is it natural?

I just read in ami about a woman using cream with retinol and it affected her eyes? being too high in vit a?

how do you eat clean and how do you support your liver?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 1:23 pm
btw. is there a natural way to get rid of freckles?
just looked again - though very feint, whole nose is covered....

amother
NeonPurple

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 1:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
what is retinol? is it natural?

I just read in ami about a woman using cream with retinol and it affected her eyes? being too high in vit a?

how do you eat clean and how do you support your liver?

Retinol is a vitamin a derivative so technically can be from natural sources although often lab-made.
I like Naturium retinol complex cream, I think it has a combination of man made and naturally sourced retinol, if I understand it correctly. There may be more natural ones. Actually, a quick google search turned up this natural derived retinol which looks like a great product. I'd try it.

Word of caution: Don't use retinol if you're pregnant, and maybe if breastfeeding too. Ask your doctor if it's safe, pretty sure it's not. Also, when using retinols, you are much more susceptible to sun damage, so you must wear spf every day and reapply throughout the day so as not to cause more discoloration or damage to your skin.

Vitamin c and retinol will help lighten and freckles, spots, or hyperpigmentation on your skin.

Regarding eating clean, basically eating lots of fruits and vegetables, preferably organic. No processed foods, animal products that are free of antibiotics and hormones, wild caught fish. Homemade sourdough bread. Cut down on all inflammatory foods like gluten, dairy, soy, corn, sugar.

Liver support - includes eating beets in any form, juiced, fermented, cooked. However you can get them in is amazing for your liver. Drink dandelion tea 2-3x day. Taking a milk thistle supplement is also good. You can do a castor oil pack on the liver a few times a week too.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 12:47 pm
I am actually seeing results with these 3 oils.

but still want to add in some more natural oils. there are so many out there.

would olive oil be a good addition?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise