Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Attn: (Wives of) Medical Workers/Students - NEED a filter!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 8:25 am
We desperately need a filter for our devices.
I work in Marketing and Social Media, DH is in medical school - we need something that will allow social media, and medical things without having to wait on hold and spend hours requesting access for things.

Please recommend a good filter. Dh is struggling with things and really wants one to help himself.

amother
Obsidian

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 10:09 am
What about something like guard your eyes that just reports?

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 10:19 am
amother [ Obsidian ] wrote:
What about something like guard your eyes that just reports?

This! Or webchaver.

Or something where you can have the password to unlock something remotely and vice versa.

Dh is in med school, everything is obv explicit, and the smallest things would get blocked.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 10:19 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We desperately need a filter for our devices.
I work in Marketing and Social Media, DH is in medical school - we need something that will allow social media, and medical things without having to wait on hold and spend hours requesting access for things.

Please recommend a good filter. Dh is struggling with things and really wants one to help himself.

We have been looking for a filter that really only filters out p-rn like things, and allows all social media and everything else. Really just concerned about p-rn and extreme zxual things.

People recommended Qustodio and Kasperski safe kids.

I havent tried them yet, but my preliminary research showed it looks like good fit

amother
Freesia

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 10:26 am
My husband (and I) use questidio

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 10:30 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
This! Or webchaver.

Or something where you can have the password to unlock something remotely and vice versa.

Dh is in med school, everything is obv explicit, and the smallest things would get blocked.

We would love something that we could each hold half of the password to. Someone reccomended open DNS but I haven't figured out if you can take it off without a password...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 10:32 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
This! Or webchaver.

Apparently webchaver only works if you use their browser. So that's very easy to get around and doesn't make sense to me.

amother
Bluebell

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 10:52 am
amother [ Freesia ] wrote:
My husband (and I) use questidio

We also use questidio
But I worry bec a poster on here said her teens were able to get around it.

sunshine23

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 10:55 am
For apple devices, you need to use the covenant eyes browser for it to work. Android is not that way, as I use chrome and it works great. Not cheap but worth it.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 10:57 am
sunshine23 wrote:
For apple devices, you need to use the covenant eyes browser for it to work. Android is not that way, as I use chrome and it works great. Not cheap but worth it.

For what to work? What are you referring to?

amother
Tuberose

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 11:36 am
Hi op. Dh is also a med student.
On our iPhone and apple tablets - gen tech
On his dell computer (this brand was recommended by TAG) he has Nativ. This is his my effective and favorite filter
On his surface pro tablet which he takes with him to rotations - techloq (also a great filter)
This is after tons of research and what to buy and what can be properly filtered.
He just returned an Apple Watch cuz it couldn’t be filtered to his standards
Good luck

amother
Navyblue

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 11:38 am
I’m a student and I just have adult content blocked on my iPhone.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 11:40 am
Netspark. If I need to access any site, I just type in the password.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 11:49 am
amother [ Navyblue ] wrote:
I’m a student and I just have adult content blocked on my iPhone.

That has workarounds. Not posting how but its pretty easy to workaround.

devorah1231

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 12:38 pm
This only works if you are at a place where you just don't want surprises - you can set chrome to block all images and install adblock. You can allow images on specific websites if you want to. We miss k9... We each had half the password for that. I think we have nextdns now for mobile, opendns for laptop.

yidisheh mama

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 2:32 pm
Techlock customizes their filter for you according to your needs if you speak to someone on the phone when you're purchasing it. They also have an option that blocks adult content only.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 3:06 pm
yidisheh mama wrote:
Techlock customizes their filter for you according to your needs if you speak to someone on the phone when you're purchasing it. They also have an option that blocks adult content only.

Doesn't work on phones it seems...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 3:15 pm
amother [ Tuberose ] wrote:
Hi op. Dh is also a med student.
On our iPhone and apple tablets - gen tech
On his dell computer (this brand was recommended by TAG) he has Nativ. This is his my effective and favorite filter
On his surface pro tablet which he takes with him to rotations - techloq (also a great filter)
This is after tons of research and what to buy and what can be properly filtered.
He just returned an Apple Watch cuz it couldn’t be filtered to his standards
Good luck

So I'm looking into it now. Gentech is like 150$ a device a year. That's a lot for an Israeli salary. Trying to look into different options people mentioned but it's frustrating everything is in dollars and it seems so much.

applesbananas

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 4:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So I'm looking into it now. Gentech is like 150$ a device a year. That's a lot for an Israeli salary. Trying to look into different options people mentioned but it's frustrating everything is in dollars and it seems so much.

Pls pm me. I would love to send u the $150 to filter his phone

synthy

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 5:17 pm
There's an organization that partners with gentech to provide free filtering for phones for those that can't afford it, but I forgot the name Confused
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics