Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
S/O Boro Park and Triangle K Hechsher
Previous  1  2

S/O If you live in Boro Park, do you eat or drink anything with the Triangle K Hechsher thats not 100% one ingredient?
Yes, I eat or drink foods with the Triangle K Hechsher thats not 100% one ingredient.  
 14%  [ 8 ]
No, I do not eat or drink foods with the Triangle K Hechsher thats not 100% one ingredient.  
 85%  [ 49 ]
Total Votes : 57

HakarasHatov

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 9:59 am
I don't live iin bp but we eat triangle k for foods that don't need a heksher

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 1:57 pm
sorry for reopening a thread from few months ago but this came up recently...whats the deal with the DAILYS frozen wine packets? I believe some local wine stores in bp/wiliamsburg carry them. Literally loads of my chassidish friends and families buy this for shabbos....are they realy unaware? maybe theres a heter that I might not know about in regards to this. these are people that for the most part buy items with chassidishe hashgochas...is triangle k a weaker certification than the OU across the board?

amother
Chestnut

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 2:23 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
sorry for reopening a thread from few months ago but this came up recently...whats the deal with the DAILYS frozen wine packets? I believe some local wine stores in bp/wiliamsburg carry them. Literally loads of my chassidish friends and families buy this for shabbos....are they realy unaware? maybe theres a heter that I might not know about in regards to this. these are people that for the most part buy items with chassidishe hashgochas...is triangle k a weaker certification than the OU across the board?

I'm not familiar but if they're vodka based they don't need a heavy hechsher.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 2:47 pm
packaging says contains wine...

Hidden

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 3:03 pm
Triangle K is completely not reliable.
I was told I can't even buy canned tomatoes with a triangle K

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 3:07 pm
FYI most hechsherim, even the heimish and chassidish ones, rely on other hechsherim for their products. Because the heimish companies use someone else's vinegar, spices, oils etc in their recipes.
The different hechsherim come together and officially decide on a minimum standard that they all agree to abide by.

Not sure which hechsherim companies are part of this but the major ones all do...
Anon because I heard this from someone who works in kashrus for one of the big companies.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 3:13 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
FYI most hechsherim, even the heimish and chassidish ones, rely on other hechsherim for their products. Because the heimish companies use someone else's vinegar, spices, oils etc in their recipes.
The different hechsherim come together and officially decide on a minimum standard that they all agree to abide by.

Not sure which hechsherim companies are part of this but the major ones all do...
Anon because I heard this from someone who works in kashrus for one of the big companies.

is this answering my question? confused...

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 4:03 pm
amother [ Chestnut ] wrote:
I'm not familiar but if they're vodka based they don't need a heavy hechsher.

They’re flavored though.
As long as it’s vodka based it doesn’t need a hechsher? Makes no sense.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 4:09 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
They’re flavored though.
As long as it’s vodka based it doesn’t need a hechsher? Makes no sense.

and it clearly says on the packet contains wine. anything wine based for sure needs reputable hechsher cuz of yayin nesech etc. unless im still not comprehending. maybe theres a detail I'm missing that would explain this

mommy2x

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 7:12 pm
Most people hold that triangle k is not a reliable hechsher- It is way below the ou. The ou is a respectable hechsher that most people hold by while most people I know hold that triangle k isn't a hechsher at all.

mommy2x

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 7:14 pm
Also, it seems that the drinks you mentioned had an ou in the past and now they changed to triangle k. Maybe your friends don't realize the change, or maybe they don't know much about hechsherim and just trust whatever is sold by a Jew.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries