Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
ISO One Pot Chicken Lo Mein
1  2  Next

myname1

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 2:12 pm
I remember a few (many??) years ago there was a one-pot chicken lo mein recipe being sent around from some website or something. I remember the picture had spaghetti sticking up out of the pot, and the veggies on the other side of the pot. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Anyone have the recipe? Or another easy chicken lo mein recipe would also help. Thank you!

mha3484

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 2:15 pm
I made a great one in the Instant pot if you have one.

mha3484

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 2:16 pm
https://www.thewholesomedish.c.....mein/ this looks like the picture you described.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 2:38 pm
Yes that's the one I base mine off of

myname1

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 3:50 am
mha3484 wrote:
https://www.thewholesomedish.com/one-pot-wonder-chicken-lo-mein/ this looks like the picture you described.

Thank you so much! I need to wait for my internet filter company to approve the site, and they're being slow on this lovely erev Shabbos. Is anyone by any chance able to copy-paste the ingredients and instructions here? I'd really appreciate it!!!

jflower

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 5:51 am
Ingredients
1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast -cut into small chunks
1 lb. box linguini or fettuccini pasta -broken in half (I used whole wheat)
4 medium carrots -peeled and cut in thin 3 inch long strips
1 medium red bell pepper -cut in thin 3 inch long strips
1 bunch green onions -white part sliced and green part cut in 3 inch long strips
4 cloves garlic -minced
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon corn starch
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil

jflower

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 5:52 am
Instructions
Add the chicken, then the pasta, then the remaining ingredients to a large stockpot and cover. Bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Stir and reduce the heat to medium-low.
Cook covered for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook until most of the liquid is gone and the chicken is cooked through.
Remove the lid and let the dish rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition
Serving: 1/6th of the recipe | Calories: 391kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 1196mg | Potassium: 684mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 7635IU | Vitamin C: 42.8mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 2.1mg
Course Dinner, Entree, Main DishCuisine American, Asian, ItalianKeyword chicken lo mein, chinese recipe, easy dinner recipes, one pot lo mein, one pot pasta

myname1

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 6:11 am
Amazing, thank you so so much!!! Good Shabbos, all!

jflower

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 7:04 am
OP, let us know how it comes out. Do you make your own chicken broth or do you buy readymade broth in container?

myname1

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 7:08 am
jflower wrote:
OP, let us know how it comes out. Do you make your own chicken broth or do you buy readymade broth in container?

Ummm I'll probably just use water and salt... Hiding

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 7:15 am
jflower wrote:

When I make it, I usually dump in one box of broth for simplicity.

jflower

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 7:42 am
The readymade broths are so high in sodium and I can't use them. Both dh and I take meds for high blood pressure. Was wondering what other cooks do.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 7:46 am
I would use water and salt, with garlic which it already has, to control how I want it to taste.

jflower

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 8:13 am
ra_mom wrote:
I would use water and salt, with garlic which it already has, to control how I want it to taste.

Thanks. Sounds logical.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 8:57 am
jflower wrote:
The readymade broths are so high in sodium and I can't use them. Both dh and I take meds for high blood pressure. Was wondering what other cooks do.

I only buy the low sodium ones but that might still be an issue for you, I don't know.

jflower

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 9:38 am
Will check out low sodium broth but probably won't work for us. Thanks for posting.

myname1

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 2:18 am
Shavua tov! Thanks, everyone for the help. I think the recipe worked pretty well. Was a bit overdone, but that's from being on the blech a while until we got to it Friday night. What do you do to keep food warm but not overcooked? Particularly chicken breast/shnitzel? But still very nice, although not a winner by my pickiest eaters! (but then again, what is??)

mommy27

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 8:31 am
not op, but I'd love to know the instant pot version!

mha3484

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 2:07 pm
https://www.tablespoon.com/rec.....4ee0b

bunchagirlies

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 3:28 pm
jflower wrote:

I keep 1 lb containers of my own chicken broth in the freezer. When I make chicken soup stock, or just one week's worth of chicken soup for shabbos, I stick some in the freezer. Nothing like home-made chicken soup! never bought the ready made one
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey