Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Do you filter your sink water, how?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 3:19 pm
If you live in NYC, do you filter your sink water and what type of filter, and what type of faucet do you have?

ETA If you have an undersink filter, what type so you have, how much does it cost, and how often do you have to change it, where can we buy it in Brooklyn?

amother
Firethorn

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 3:28 pm
Manhattan. No

amother
Tanzanite

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 3:50 pm
I have a 3M Aquapure filter under my kitchen sinks. And a cotton filter on all faucets in the house. I also use mainly bottled water for drinking or I filter the tap water through a Brita.
The water is not clean. My filters need to be replaced more often than they’re supposed to be.

amother
Offwhite

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 3:55 pm
When we lived in nyc we had the futon ez filter on our kitchen sick in our first apt. When we moved the sink was too fancy for it so we had an under sink

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 7:13 pm
Bump

yidisheh mama

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 7:15 pm
Under the sink filter for kitchen sinks. No filters on sinks not used for drinking/cooking.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 7:25 pm
If you have an undersink filter, what type do you have, how much does it cost, how often do you have to change it, where can I buy it in Brooklyn?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 6:08 pm
What type of undersink filter do you have? If you have the filter that goes over the faucet, do you have to use the little cotton ball disk also?

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 6:27 pm
amother [ Tanzanite ] wrote:
I have a 3M Aquapure filter under my kitchen sinks. And a cotton filter on all faucets in the house. I also use mainly bottled water for drinking or I filter the tap water through a Brita.
The water is not clean. My filters need to be replaced more often than they’re supposed to be.

New York City tap water is one of the best.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 6:48 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
New York City tap water is one of the best.

It may start off as good but a lot of the issues are from old pipes in the system and in old homes. The water that comes from your faucet is not the same water that it started out as.

If you put your area code in EWG water ratings you’d be shocked at the amount of toxins and contaminants in NYC water.

My filthy filters aren’t lying…

amother
Daylily

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 6:51 pm
amother [ Tanzanite ] wrote:
It may start off as good but a lot of the issues are from old pipes in the system and in old homes. The water that comes from your faucet is not the same water that it started out as.

If you put your area code in EWG water ratings you’d be shocked at the amount of toxins and contaminants in NYC water.

My filthy filters aren’t lying…

This is a real issue. The only way to know the actual quality of your water is to test it when it comes out of the pipes.
Especially if you live in an old house.
Everyone who lives in an old house and doesn't know what their pipes are made out of should be filtering for lead

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 8:18 pm
amother [ Daylily ] wrote:
This is a real issue. The only way to know the actual quality of your water is to test it when it comes out of the pipes.
Especially if you live in an old house.
Everyone who lives in an old house and doesn't know what their pipes are made out of should be filtering for lead
There are filters for lead?

amother
Daylily

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 8:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
There are filters for lead?

Sure. PUR does, maybe also Brita

lucky14

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 8:42 pm
Do filters filter our fluoride?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 9:47 pm
amother [ Daylily ] wrote:
Sure. PUR does, maybe also Brita
Do pur filters go under the sink? or is it like a brita pitcher

amother
Daylily

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 9:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do pur filters go under the sink? or is it like a brita pitcher

I have the kind that goes over your faucet.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries