Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Any Joe Rogan Fans?

Congresswoman

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 11:34 pm
Anyone else enjoying his podcasts?
They are so interesting and random...

amother
Chestnut

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 11:51 pm
My husband lol..
seriously enjoys his show!

Fox

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 11:08 am
I don't follow him regularly, but I listen from time to time. I like the fact that he'll interview virtually anybody and ask common-sense questions.

Ironically, he's developed a huge following simply by doing what journalists USED to do: talking with all kinds of interesting people and experts; asking questions; and pushing back on them a bit.

mha3484

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 11:22 am
I like him but can’t take the constant use of profanity so I mostly stopped listening.

Fox

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 11:30 am
mha3484 wrote:
I like him but can’t take the constant use of profanity so I mostly stopped listening.

Agreed! I think that's why I can't take him on a regular basis. I've heard the same from a lot of people.

amother
Marigold

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 11:32 am
mha3484 wrote:

For me, it's the normalization of various drugs, to the point of encouraging his guests to try. But I go back for clips when he has a guest who interests me.

DrMom

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 11:44 am
Fox wrote:
I don't follow him regularly, but I listen from time to time. I like the fact that he'll interview virtually anybody and ask common-sense questions.

Ironically, he's developed a huge following simply by doing what journalists USED to do: talking with all kinds of interesting people and experts; asking questions; and pushing back on them a bit.

THIS.

I don't like his profanity though. Plus, many of his guests do not interest me in the slightest (how many MMA fighters or D-list comedians can you possibly interview??).

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 11:55 am
Yes I enjoy his podcasts.
When he has his friends or other comedians on the language is not nice.
But when he has a serious personality such as a doctor scientist or politician it's entertaining and informative.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 11:57 am
Rogan has said that he holds a wide variety of political views and does not easily fall on any particular side of the political spectrum.[85] He has described himself as socially liberal, saying that he supports same-relations marriage, gay rights, women's rights, recreational drug use, universal health care, and universal basic income
Rogan is opposed to routine infant circumcision and has claimed there is a lack of significant scientific evidence for any benefits to the practice, which he considers not entirely different from female genital mutilation due to its non-consensual nature

The way people are obsessed with him is so typical to our community. He says a couple of things that you like and now he's the next gadol hador.

cupcake123

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 12:32 pm
amother [ DarkCyan ] wrote:
Rogan has said that he holds a wide variety of political views and does not easily fall on any particular side of the political spectrum.[85] He has described himself as socially liberal, saying that he supports same-relations marriage, gay rights, women's rights, recreational drug use, universal health care, and universal basic income
Rogan is opposed to routine infant circumcision and has claimed there is a lack of significant scientific evidence for any benefits to the practice, which he considers not entirely different from female genital mutilation due to its non-consensual nature

The way people are obsessed with him is so typical to our community. He says a couple of things that you like and now he's the next gadol hador.

All the OP asked is: does anyone enjoy. Gadal hadar? Wow!
I'll listen in randomly not usually to the mma fighters more to the various political /scientific/sociologists he has on.
Really enjoy them.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 12:48 pm
Omg. Gadal hador? Because I enjoy listening to his discussions and the curious manner in which he conducts an interview doesn't mean all his opinions or beliefs line up with mine.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 1:06 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Omg. Gadal hador? Because I enjoy listening to his discussions and the curious manner in which he conducts an interview doesn't mean all his opinions or beliefs line up with mine.

Obviously there are exceptions to every pattern. I'm thinking about Rush Limbaugh, Ben Shapiro etc etc.
Trump too.

Fox

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 1:26 pm
Obviously there are exceptions to every pattern. I'm thinking about Rush Limbaugh, Ben Shapiro etc etc.
Trump too.

Perhaps you should look deeper into why people might be enamored with any of these figures?

Whether or not people agree with everything they've said, all of these individuals are/were willing to question the status quo and go up against the established power structure.

In the case of Limbaugh, that meant explicitly advancing conservative values. In the case of Shapiro, it means arguing against excessive government interference. In the case of Trump, it meant taking on the DC establishment and the political elites of both parties. In the case of Rogan, it means going outside the reach of mainstream media and talking to people who have been sidelined deliberately by the MSM or just ignored.

This is why loyal fans may nevertheless disagree regularly with these media figures -- they like them not because they necessarily agree with everything they say, but because they are willing to buck conventional wisdom and the values of the chattering class that populates most media outlets.

cupcake123

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 1:29 pm
Trump too.

So basically you think anyone that's frum and likes to listen to popular conservatives views said popular conservative as gadol hador?
Sigh

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 7:16 pm
when he was younger, sure. not now that he's gone insane

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 7:41 pm
If you enjoy listening to him, check out his interview with Jewel. Not what you would expect from a singer who was popular in the 90’s. Her life story is incredible and the things she says are so powerful, it’s amazing how she came to mental health on her own. Highly recommend.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics