Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Juicing advice
Previous  1  2

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 3:08 am
Prof. Robert Lustig says: you should rather eat your calories than drink them.
You should rather eat entire fruits than drink fruit juice, because you are satiated with less and you will get the full fiber content.

the only "calories" he finds useful to drink, especially for children, is milk.

On the other hand, it is recommended to eat hot soup, because it contains water, and you will be satieted with about 2/3 of the calories if you eat the same things as a soup or just like this.

However, if you blend the soup, you make its glycemic index higher, I.e. you will absorb the sugar more quickly, (slower is better)... but I suppose for pure veggie soups, which are very low in calories, it does not play that much of a role.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 5:51 am
Juicing wheat grass is very healthy. Grow your own and cut it and keep it growing. You have to spray it occasionally with hydrogen peroxide solution to prevent molding. Use a growing lamp.

Juice cucumber or celery and add to lemon or lime water.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 5:54 am
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
Juicing wheat grass is very healthy. Grow your own and cut it and keep it growing. You have to spray it occasionally with hydrogen peroxide solution to prevent molding. Use a growing lamp.
Juice cucumber or celery and add to lemon or lime water.

I don't think ingesting hydrogen peroxide is a great idea... or healthy...

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 6:22 am
Hydrogen peroxide is used in a very small amount, all the juicers who grow their own wheat grass do that. People who have Lyme disease ingest hydrogen peroxide if you didn't know. So, if you don't know first hand about something, you shouldn't comment.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 7:09 am

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 7:20 am

amother
DarkPurple

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 7:28 am
Pure celery juice 🥤 s very anti inflammatory
And you don’t drink huge amounts

amother
Valerian

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 10:55 am
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
Hydrogen peroxide is used in a very small amount, all the juicers who grow their own wheat grass do that. People who have Lyme disease ingest hydrogen peroxide if you didn't know. So, if you don't know first hand about something, you shouldn't comment.

Irrelevant. It's a controversial treatment, and even if it weren't, would you microdose on chemo drugs for fun?

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 7:21 pm
no, juicing isn't good for you. you are better off eating your fruits and juicing your veggies but you won't get the fiber that way. and you shouldn't juice and eat more than you usually would, as in spinach. if you wouldn't eat 5 cups of it, you shouldn't drink that amount either.

you might gain weight drinking juice, too.

smilethere2

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 8:32 pm
I recently started juicing and loving it. You do need to be careful and knowledgable because you can overdo a ‘good thing’ like eating or juicing too much (ex ginger, parsley or even spinach)but I feel so good, bH. Like others have said if you're juicing to increase your nutrients (ex. juicing a cucumber because I wouldn't eat it anyhow) then you only stand to gain. Also, everything in moderation- great rule in life Wink. I’ve cut out my coffee and sugar and find juicing gives me a great healthy energy boost.
I do freeze cups of juice as I can’t realistically juice daily.
My favorites lately are #1) half a beet, half a lemon, half an apple, 2 carrots - it tastes like punch #2) celery, cucumber, spinach, small piece of ginger.

I generally watch what I eat but I’m convinced that juicing has been helping me maintain a steady weight.

Please share any tips if you have.

*To get maximum juice put it through the machine more than once Wink.

Last edited by smilethere2 on Sun, Jan 16 2022, 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Bluebell

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 8:34 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
I don't think ingesting hydrogen peroxide is a great idea... or healthy...
Can’t be worse than commercial and industrial pesticides that all our produce is heavily sprayed with. But nobody bats an eyelash over that.

vintagebknyc

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 8:47 pm
Says the Mayo Clinic, most reputable hospital in the US, it has no more benefit than eating the fruits, and in fact is not as healthy--https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/juicing/faq-20058020

Juicing is no healthier than eating whole fruits and vegetables.

"Juicing extracts the juice from fresh fruits or vegetables. The liquid contains most of the vitamins, minerals and plant chemicals (phytonutrients) found in the fruit. However, whole fruits and vegetables also have healthy fiber, which is lost during most juicing."

amother
NeonPink

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 8:53 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
Says the Mayo Clinic, most reputable hospital in the US, it has no more benefit than eating the fruits, and in fact is not as healthy--https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/juicing/faq-20058020

Juicing is no healthier than eating whole fruits and vegetables.

"Juicing extracts the juice from fresh fruits or vegetables. The liquid contains most of the vitamins, minerals and plant chemicals (phytonutrients) found in the fruit. However, whole fruits and vegetables also have healthy fiber, which is lost during most juicing."

I juice vegetables not fruits. And it's vegetables that I wouldn't eat otherwise, like celery and ginger and beets.
I also drink it in place of my coffee so I eliminated that.
I think juicing really depends on what you're juicing, and what else you're putting into your body. And based on that it can be healthy or not.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise