Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Chassidish move to Florida
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 4:05 pm
Hi, I am chassidish, sending my kids to ultra chassidish schools in NY, however fed up with the cold NY, and liberal state. We are seriously thinking of making the move to South Florida although we would probably be one of the first ultra chaddish family with a family of young children to make the move.

My question is, what area is the most heimish/frum, and which girls school has the frum Bais Yaakov Hashkafah, not modern.

We understand that we probably don't have much chances finding a ultra chassidish populated community, but looking for something close to it.

Would love to hear your comments and tips, thanks!

Last edited by amother on Sun, Mar 13 2022, 7:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

busy mommy

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 4:11 pm
I think Tampa has a new chassidish community. I don't know much about it.
The rest (think Miami Beach, Hollywood, Surfside, North Miami Beach Etc.) all have community schools which are a mix of all types (but not too many chassidish)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 4:19 pm
Tampa would of been great, but not in the area we are looking to move to.

I am trying to find out if anyone knows of another 2/3 chassidish families like myself that made the move.

I am curious to hear how they did it, and would like to learn more about the schools....

Last edited by amother on Sun, Mar 13 2022, 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

bsy

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 4:22 pm
Alexandra Friedman, a doctor doing her residency in Miami, moved from Monsey and is very chassidish. They live in nmb

Maryann

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 4:34 pm
Nmb

Esty 4

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 4:45 pm
Orlando community sounds perfect, there still in planning stages and excepting serious applications

singsong

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 5:17 pm
I know of one family that moved here from Tosh, but I don't know them personally. Of the few chassidish-leaning people I know, most send their kids to YES - Yeshiva Elementary School. They have a boys and girls division in different locations. So while you wouldn't be the first one, you'll definitely be one of the only ones.

I'll add that the community here is very welcoming and nobody will blink twice if someone chassidish moves in. You'll get the same warm welcome everyone else got.

singsong

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 5:22 pm
Just be aware that while YES and BY may be on the frummer end, you'll still have more modern people that send there as well. That's the beauty of an OOT community - everyone gets along and is respectful of what other families do and don't allow. There are plenty of TV and movie watching families in both schools and many wouldn't think twice of allowing their kids to hang out at the mall.

Esty 4

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 5:32 pm
do the Tosh ppl feel comfortable there in general?

amother
Yarrow

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 5:47 pm
bsy wrote:
Alexandra Friedman, a doctor doing her residency in Miami, moved from Monsey and is very chassidish. They live in nmb

While impressive, she is not your typical born and bred chasidish woman so not sure if she is an example for someone who grew up in an insular chasidish community. Just thought I'd point that out since op may struggle in the world outside the established chasidishe community.

https://jewishstandard.timesof.....tive/

https://mishpacha.com/mommys-in-med-school/

bsy

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 5:51 pm
amother [ Yarrow ] wrote:
While impressive, she is not your typical born and bred chasidish woman so not sure if she is an example for someone who grew up in an insular chasidish community. Just thought I'd point that out since op may struggle in the world outside the established chasidishe community.

https://jewishstandard.timesof.....tive/

https://mishpacha.com/mommys-in-med-school/

Her kids are chassidish and likely go to a local school

amother
Honey

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 5:53 pm
Esty 4 wrote:
do the Tosh ppl feel comfortable there in general?

I highly doubt that. Unless if they don’t care to change the lifestyle they’re coming from. I’m sure they love the climate though.

eeeee

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 5:59 pm
It’s actually something I would love to do. A dream of mine but don’t want to be the only chassidim there. Will be following this conversation

amother
Yarrow

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 6:00 pm
bsy wrote:
Her kids are chassidish and likely go to a local school

Do you know which school they went to in Brooklyn/Monsey? Bc if they went to Bais Yakov then they wouldnt have a hard time fitting into the school in Florida as opposed to if they went to a more mainstream chasidishe school like Satmar or Viznitz then it would be very difficult to adjust to a local non-chasidish school in Florida.
Another factor is that these kids may be exposed to extended family who may not be religious at all since their parents (or at least their mother) didnt grow up frum so that would be another factor as to why the kids would fit in fine in a non-chasidishe school in Florida.
You cant compare them to kids from insular chasidishe communities who went to mainstream chasidishe school all their lives and have no secular family outside of the community.

bsy

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 6:01 pm
amother [ Yarrow ] wrote:
Do you know which school they went to in Brooklyn/Monsey? Bc if they went to Bais Yakov then they wouldnt have a hard time fitting into the school in Florida as opposed to if they went to a more mainstream chasidishe school like Satmar or Viznitz then it would be very difficult to adjust to a local non-chasidish school in Florida.
Another factor is that these kids may be exposed to extended family who may not be religious at all since their parents (or at least their mother) didnt grow up frum so that would be another factor as to why the kids would fit in fine in a non-chasidishe school in Florida.
You cant compare them to kids from insular chasidishe communities who went to mainstream chasidishe school all their lives and have no secular family outside of the community.

I don't know which schools they went to in monsey

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 6:38 pm
My question is, the Chassidish families that did make the move, are they from a typical mainstream community? did they change their life style when settling in Florida?

My husband and I both come from chassidish families and we run a very chassidish home with no intentions of changing anything.

We are obviously taking into consideration that we will probably be one of the only ultra chassidish families, but hope that many more will eventually fallow.

I find that South Florida is developed and has everything you need, the only thing that is missing for us is a developed chassidish community which I hope will develop in the near future.

I feel like it will take a few families to make the move for others to feel comfortable to fallow.

Last edited by amother on Sun, Mar 13 2022, 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

eeeee

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 6:52 pm
I am chassidish also not looking to change my lifestyle. I would be very interested

amother
Honey

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 6:53 pm
perfume1998 wrote:
My question is, the Chassidish families that did make the move, are they from a typical mainstream community? did they change their life style when settling in Florida?

My husband and I both come from chassidish families and we run a very chassidish home with no intentions of changing anything.

We are obviously taking into consideration that we will probably be one of the only ultra chassidish families, but hope that many more will eventually fallow.

I find that South Florida is developed and has everything you need, the only thing that is missing for us is a developed chassidish community which I hope will develop in the near future.

I feel like it will take a few families to make the move for others to feel comfortable to fallow.

You would first need a chassidish school and cheder in order for you not to change your lifestyle.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 7:10 pm
OP, how old is your oldest? And how long are you willing to wait for enough people to follow to open more mosdos that are more chasidish?

North Miami Beach is probably your best bet. But you'll have to be very open minded and realize that even the schools that aren't 'modern' will have a mix of all types. If you want them to respect you, you'll have to respect them too.

pause

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 7:20 pm
North Miami Beach is probably the closest you'll get, but you need to be prepared for lots of change, compromise, and a long time waiting till others come... Chassidishe people are reluctant to leave their mother's Shabbos fish packages and miss out on countless simchos.

For us personally, moving to Florida is not an option because of the heat. Shtreimel, bekishe, and wool tzitzis in NY/NJ on summer Shabbosim are difficult enough.

Last edited by pause on Sun, Jan 16 2022, 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 9   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating