Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
[STORY] Damsel in Distress (Update #15b - 14 Teves p. 22)
  Previous  1  2  3 17  18  19 20  21  22  Next

amother
Crocus

Post Fri, Jan 07 2022, 12:54 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
And if you find it "indulgent" to spend your time and energy to write this story I am sure you will send plenty of tzedaka.
So please please go for it!
This is so from the heart it does feel like part of your neshama's ratzon and tafkid.

Wishing you much continued hatzlocha!

I don't get it

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Jan 07 2022, 12:54 pm
Revafe, crocus, in much earlier posts somewhere the author talked about feeling it a bit indulgent or waste of time (!) to spend time on writing this story -- I don't remember her words just my takeaway from the very beginning of her unveiling her story and posting it on ima.

So I want to encourage her to write and keep writing!!!

FOLLOW YOUR PASSION! Often this is an arrow as to the direction of part of our tafkid/avodah.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Fri, Jan 07 2022, 2:07 pm
amother [ Crocus ] wrote:
I'm a writer Smile there's nothing wrong with having fun. I commented after op posted about her story in the "problem with frum novels" thread. I really like the story and I think it could be published one day if edited. Just my opinion, I hope I didn't offend OP. I really hope she'll continue writing.

I just saw that thread, that she asked for constructive criticism...

I guess all of us fans were just surprised to see your comment cuz usually it’s one of us posting how much we love the story and are anxiously awaiting the next chapter (OP, we’re still waiting Very Happy)

Now I see where you’re comment is coming from though.

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Jan 07 2022, 2:11 pm
Hm Oh I see...well maybe keep the threads separate then.
thanks

because this thread is for posting installments that we are eagerly awaiting

just call it the fanzone Very Happy lol

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 8:38 am
amother [ Crocus ] wrote:
I'm a writer Smile there's nothing wrong with having fun. I commented after op posted about her story in the "problem with frum novels" thread. I really like the story and I think it could be published one day if edited. Just my opinion, I hope I didn't offend OP. I really hope she'll continue writing.

Wow. I wish I knew how to contact you should I need editing. I think our author will know how to appreciate your critique.

amother
Crocus

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 9:32 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Wow. I wish I knew how to contact you should I need editing. I think our author will know how to appreciate your critique.

Thank you. I'm not an editor, so I would only be able to give my opinion. I'll pm you.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 11:54 am
Hiya,
This is not to pressure you (maybe just to encourage a bit........... Wink )
I keep checking in every day to see if you posted more of the story..........!

Thanks!

toysrus

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 5:15 am
would love the next instalment please....every time I come on imamother that the first thing I check for

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 5:42 am
toysrus wrote:
would love the next instalment please....every time I come on imamother that the first thing I check for

Same!

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 8:24 am
Saaaame!!!! 😍

Revafe

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 8:28 am
Can I also say samme? Or bunch of imas are now getting their heartrate up thinking this is it?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 9:33 pm
Sorry folks! I managed to get covid (or pretty sure that was what it was) and have been out of commission for too long! If I manage to get back on top of my mandatory work tonight I might be able to put some time into the next chapter.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 10:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Sorry folks! I managed to get covid (or pretty sure that was what it was) and have been out of commission for too long! If I manage to get back on top of my mandatory work tonight I might be able to put some time into the next chapter.

Oh no! Refuah Sheleima!!
Please don’t feel pressured to write anything while you’re under the weather!

amother
Cadetblue

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 5:18 pm
OP, hope you’re feeling better.
Is there an update coming in the near future?

lotus2525

Post Mon, Feb 07 2022, 4:57 pm
Think we'll need a recap before posting next chapter. It's been so long!

amother
Cadetblue

Post Wed, Feb 16 2022, 7:56 am
OP, how are you feeling?

Is there an update coming soon?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 21 2022, 2:55 am
I have another partial update. The conversation was getting too heated, so I shelved it for a bit. I'll post it now anyhow and hopefully their tempers will have cooled enough to finish the discussion at some point!

(Turns out that a good solid bout of getting sick can knock you off your whole schedule. And then it takes an awfully long time to climb back on the wagon. Sadly, my extracurricular writing was the lowest priority and got knocked out first.)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 21 2022, 2:56 am
HEAT

Chocolate spread? Chava looks blankly at Eli. Mah Inyan Shmita Etzel Har Sinai?

Finally the relevant information surfaces in her brain. That was the signal they had made up with the Cohens, right?

"Hate to break this to you, Eli, but those kinds of spreads are not for sandwiches."

"So what are they for?"

"Probably to swirl into brownies or use as a topping for cheesecake."

Eli grins. "That works too."

Chava rolls her eyes. "But why do you want the Cohens to come so much?"

"Honestly?"

Eli receives a glare in response.

"Honestly, I'm hoping they'll knock some sense into your head and find a different solution to the mikvah lady crisis."

Chava shrugs. "I don't think there is any crisis. It was a one-time incident. Everything is fine."

"Have you looked into the mirror recently?"

"It's a shiner. Big deal. It will clear up in a few days."

"You're just lucky that Mark was around or it could have been worse."

"Mark?"

"Yeah, the black guard who stepped in. He's the only mentch around here."

Chava turns that over in her mind. "Listen, I don't exactly mind if the Cohens come. But I think this is important enough to overlook a black eye."

Eli starts to sound frustrated. "I'm not saying that it's not worth Mesiras Nefesh. I'm not even saying you have to stop. But I don't see any value in doing things in a dangerous way when there could be a safe way to do it!"

"Sure, but right now there isn't one."

"And I'm fairly sure the Cohens can think of one."

"Whatever," Chava says skeptically. "Either way, I'm not exactly going to tell the next appointment to wait until the Cohens get here with a magical solution."

Eli's voice starts to rise. "You're awfully quick to make unilateral decisions. Did you not notice that you're married and could take your spouse's opinion into consideration too?"

Chava looks unrepentant. "Sure, but there are times when the right thing is obvious."

"So this is already a derech for you? Just pretend you're single whenever it makes sense to you?"

Chava finally notices that Eli is getting upset. "Chill, it's not like I do this every day. Just for very important things. And I don't call it acting single."

"Things, plural?"

Chava answers slowly. "Only a few."

There is a long silence.

"Nu," Eli finally prods.

"I don't think I should bring anything else up when you're already upset."

(to be continued...)
ETA: Continued here

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Feb 21 2022, 7:14 am
Yay!!! You’re back! Thank you!!

amother
Cognac

Post Fri, Feb 25 2022, 3:27 am
Can’t believe I missed this! Bumping up for whoever else didn’t see this. Can’t wait to hear what comes next!
Page 18 of 22   Previous  1  2  3 17  18  19 20  21  22  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club