Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Need chizuk and support!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 8:57 pm
Hi everyone. I’m a well known older poster on this site, although I haven’t been on in awhile. I am having so much trouble with barely teenaged daughter and I’m really at my wits end. She is in therapy, I have been in my own therapy and plan to start again, so this isn’t really asking for advice about her stuff. I just don’t know how I can possibly manage this! Her mood swings are very very extreme. She will be miserable for no apparent reason, no matter what I do. I feel that I have done everything possible that a parent can be expected to do. I am calm, I am emotionally available, I am validating, I go out of my way to do things that should make her happy. Maybe I should just stop. I don’t know what to do anymore. I really just want to hear from moms who have been there themselves, so I don’t feel alone in this storm! Is there a support group? She is BH not a “teen at risk”, for that I am grateful, but are there support groups for moms of really difficult teenagers?

amother
Anemone

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 8:59 pm
Hugs. This book will change your life. https://www.amazon.com/Brain-I.....r=8-1

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 4:16 am
amother [ Anemone ] wrote:
Hugs. This book will change your life. https://www.amazon.com/Brain-I.....r=8-1

Not OP, but piggy backing.
The summary sounds great and I totally believe in changing diet but what if the teen refuses?
My DD hoards candy in her room and has horrible eating habits. Barely drinks, she's for sure dehydrated. Took her for bloodwork and she's deficient in several vitamins but she won't take the supplements.

amother
Anemone

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 9:16 am
amother [ DarkMagenta ] wrote:
Not OP, but piggy backing.
The summary sounds great and I totally believe in changing diet but what if the teen refuses?
My DD hoards candy in her room and has horrible eating habits. Barely drinks, she's for sure dehydrated. Took her for bloodwork and she's deficient in several vitamins but she won't take the supplements.
Oy, that sounds really tough. Can you get a doctor involved? The author of this book practices in NY and I know he’s great with teens and getting them on board. It’s so hard when kids refuse treatment!

amother
Calendula

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 9:19 am
When is this brain inflammation fad/ cult going to end? You can’t discuss anything here anymore without being spammed with this nonsense.

Op it sounds like normal teenage hormones. I would validate but also give her space and not make a big deal out of it.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 9:20 am
Just keep giving her all that love and validation. On the outside it may seem like she is rejecting it, but deep down she is taking note and needs it.
It won't last forever. Just keep doing what you're doing. IyH it will be worth it.

amother
Anemone

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 9:23 am
amother [ Calendula ] wrote:
When is this brain inflammation fad/ cult going to end? You can’t discuss anything here anymore without being spammed with this nonsense.

Op it sounds like normal teenage hormones. I would validate but also give her space and not make a big deal out of it.
It’s not nonsense, and I’m not spamming.

aimhabanim

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 9:36 am
Maybe try the 5 love languages for teens

oneofakind

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 9:43 am
I think you need to emotionally take a step back. You are doing everything you could. This is painful but not personal. You can't control or cure it.
Lots of hugs.

amother
Moonstone

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 10:01 am
amother [ Calendula ] wrote:

💯!!

amother
Raspberry

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 11:28 am
It sounds like you're doing the right things. I don't know of any support groups for parents with difficult kids, but it sounds like something that there's a need for. If you can gather enough interest here, you could set up a private group.
Hatzlacha and I hope things get easier for you soon.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children