Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Anyone has a leather sofa that looks great 5 years later?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 7:44 am
Anyone has a leather sofa or sectional that they paid under $5,000 for, that looks great 5 years later?

If yes, what brand is it?

tia

Amarante

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 8:10 am
I have read that Lee Sofas are extremely high quality and they do make leather sofas. Stickley is more famous for its Arts & Crafts style but they do have a line of high quality "traditional" leather furniture and they have a good reputation for quality.

https://www.stickley.com/produ.....ther/

You should also check that interior construction is high quality - what is the frame made of? How are the springs - hand tied are the best. Sinuous springs are not as good but can be decent quality. How are the cushions constructed.

Also not all leather is high quality as some of the less expensive leather is just a thin layer and abrades and rips easily.

amother
Daylily

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 8:16 am
I have my leather for sofa for ten years and it's still in super condition. It was under 2,000. And my kids have abused it a whole lot. I really don't remember the company name. Where do I find it? I looked for a tag, can't seem to find.

Maryann

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 8:20 am
My leather couch was 950, 3 seater.
5 years old. It looks brand new

Noone jumps on it ,if that makes a difference
Just regular sitting

amother
Cyclamen

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 9:09 am
My sister in law gave me her leather couch from Katz's in Lakewood that is in perfect condition more than 5 years later.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 9:42 am
4 years but still looks nearly new. Signature Designs by Ashley. Use a good leather sofa cleaner regularly.

amother
Crocus

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 10:05 am
I have 2 natuzzi sofas that are almost 20 years old. The leather has some cracks on the seats from years of intensive use and abuse (and lots of jumping), but they are as comfortable as ever and still look pretty good. They still looked perfect after 10 years for sure. We paid around 3500 for the set, but that was a long time ago. My daughter keeps on hinting that if I ever want to get rid of them, she will be happy to inherit them.

mushkamothers

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 10:10 am
Mine looks like new, it's about 6 years later. I believe Natuzzi and it was around 2k

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 10:14 am
my natuzzi is still stunning after quite a few years. bought mine at living quarters in bp. my sis in law has a bernhardt sofa also in mint condition more than 5 years later that she purchased at dina's by living quarters in lakewood
Edit: whoops, my sis in laws is actually a palliser sofa from living quarters. its beautiful

amother
Steelblue

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 10:19 am
I do, not in the US.
It's dark brown. Kids arent allowed to jump on it or put shoes on it. Nearly 10 years.

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 10:30 am
My leather couch is about 18 years old.

Looks very good.

There are tiny tears on top of the back, where my grand kids stand on it. Sigh....

Bought it at Jewish Furniture store - around 20th avenue and high 60s.

I told my brother about this couch and he bought two of them. It is leather with 2 recliners.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 11:12 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
my natuzzi is still stunning after quite a few years. bought mine at living quarters in bp. my sis in law has a bernhardt sofa also in mint condition more than 5 years later that she purchased at dina's by living quarters in lakewood
Edit: whoops, my sis in laws is actually a palliser sofa from living quarters. its beautiful

Is the Palliser sofa that your sil has leather?

Thanks.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 11:12 am
#BestBubby wrote:
My leather couch is about 18 years old.

Looks very good.

There are tiny tears on top of the back, where my grand kids stand on it. Sigh....

Bought it at Jewish Furniture store - around 20th avenue and high 60s.

I told my brother about this couch and he bought two of them. It is leather with 2 recliners.

Do you know which brand it is?

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 1:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is the Palliser sofa that your sil has leather?

Thanks.

yup

cupcake123

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 5:34 am
My couch still looks perfect and it's been 8 years.
Brand is ellran. I beleive katz and churchill sell it in Lakewood.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 7:48 am
Natuzzi is good brand
Not sure price depends on what size couch you got. Also got
A couch from katz
In lakewood 10 years ago and still looks good but wasnt vety heavily used

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 7:56 am
Who has good prices on Natuzzi, and other good brands?

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 7:56 am
IKEA. Off white leather. 10 years ago. Excellent condition still today. Zero jumping

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 8:45 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
IKEA. Off white leather. 10 years ago. Excellent condition still today. Zero jumping

Do you ever eat or read a newspaper while sitting on it? How did you keep white clean?

gande

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 9:10 am
In general Canadian and Italian brands (elran palisers) last better than the American ones (Ashley, lazy boy). Go to a store like living quarters they have a nice selection most are under 2k
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics