Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
How bad is United airlines for kids?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 3:12 pm
Would love to take my kids. How is United? I usually only fly with Delta airlines. How well do they tolerate kids? How much do they charge for suitcases...?

bsy

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 3:19 pm
Same as all airlines. Probably not guaranteed tv screens

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 3:50 pm
Depends on the steward/ess more than anything. I flew domestic frequently and had no issue.
I like red eyes so that they sleep, but not all kids will do that. I take a blanket and my kids can sleep almost striaght through.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 3:51 pm
At the moment, there are strict mask rules on flights. As long as your children keep their masks on, there will be no problems.

If you are not sure your children are capable of keeping their masks on, it's better not to take them on a flight these days.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 3:58 pm
I flew with my kids multiple times in the past couple years with United. They are generally okay as long as you have good stewardesses and the kids keep the masks on for the most part. The one issue I had the last time I flew which may not be specific to United, was that they actually locked the bathroom doors when the seatbelt side was on and my child needed the bathroom really badly and they refused to open it. I finally forced the stewardess to open it before he had an accident on the plane, but that could have just been a bad stewardess

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 4:04 pm
Be on top of your kids with the masks, especialy before you're in the air. my experience was that my little one's slipped and they just said very kindly, 'pull it up'. Also, I put my youngest next to the window so she's not so visible. when she falls asleep facing the window and I cover her with a blanket, no one knows what she is doing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries