Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Special Birthday Gift for my daughter
1  2  Next

itstime

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 12:03 pm
Special Birthday Gift

Today is a very special day.
It is the birthday of my daughter *Chana Ettel bas ybdlcht”a Dovid*

We are sitting shiva for my daughter and celebrating her birthday at the same time

Lighting shabbos candles was very special for Chana Ettel.

When she was unwell, she had actually asked that as many people as possible should *please give Tzedaka before lighting shabbos candles and to light on time. *

Together we made a campaign to ask many women and girls to do this. (Including those who don’t usually light candles)

We know that these beautiful mitzvos have accompanied her on her journey and that these are the only real and meaningful gifts that we can now give to her.

So now my dear sisters, I turn to you and ask.

Will you please send this precious gift of a mitzva to my beloved daughter?

itstime

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 12:05 pm
The shabbos candles
(A poem by Nechama)

Flame meets wick
Spirit meets matter
Past meets present
Dreams become reality

The shabbos candles
Connecting Jewish women
Of all ages
Throughout the world

Connecting with our Creator
Connecting with each other
Connecting with our past
Connecting with our future

Connecting our souls
With our ancestors
Who lit the candles
With a prayer in their hearts

Connecting our essence
With the future
Of our nation
Perpetuating this holy light

Tiny dancing flames
Part physical
Part spiritual
Illuminating the universe

As together
We brighten the world
One shabbos candle
At a time

לע״נ חנה עטל בת יבלחט״א דוד

amother
Poinsettia

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 12:34 pm
I usually light at the very last minute or into the 18 minutes, but in her zechus will do my best to light early this Erev Shabbos. May her neshama have an aliyah.

itstime

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 2:43 pm
Thank you so much
It is a source of comfort to me to know that she is receiving this priceless gift

May you be blessed
Good shabbos

amother
Vanilla

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 3:43 pm
amother [ Poinsettia ] wrote:
I usually light at the very last minute or into the 18 minutes, but in her zechus will do my best to light early this Erev Shabbos. May her neshama have an aliyah.

Same here! May her special neshama have an aliyah!

amother
Rainbow

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 10:36 pm
itstime wrote:
Special Birthday Gift

We are sitting shiva for my daughter and celebrating her birthday at the same time

When she was unwell, she had actually asked that as many people as possible should *please give Tzedaka before lighting shabbos candles and to light on time. *

Together we made a campaign to ask many women and girls to do this. (Including those who don’t usually light candles)

We know that these beautiful mitzvos have accompanied her on her journey and that these are the only real and meaningful gifts that we can now give to her.

Wow so special! Sending you hugs!

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 10:41 pm
She sounds like she was very special

We will definitely make sure to do this mitzvah every week in her zechus

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 11:06 pm
itstime wrote:
Special Birthday Gift

I'm so sorry for your loss. will iyh try to put money for tzedaka this week for a zchis for her neshama. May Hashem give you the strength to overcome the pain.

itstime

Post Thu, Feb 03 2022, 10:23 am
Thank you so much to each of you for this meaningful gift for my beloved daughter

It is a source of comfort to me to know that people are doing this for her and helping to continue something that she started

May you be blessed in all ways with sweet revealed good in all areas

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Feb 03 2022, 11:11 am
Hug

itstime

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 1:26 am
This coming shabbos, 6 Shevat, will be the yahrtzeit of my daughter Chana Ettel a”h.

Chana Ettel was a deeply spiritual person. She was sweet and refined and she taught by example. As one of her classmates put it, “you became a better person just by being around her”.

She valued her connection with Hashem. She valued every person- especially her family.

She valued shabbos. She would get ready early and was very careful to give tzedaka before shabbos and light the candles on time and she encouraged others with this.

She valued learning. She would learn from sefarim and listen to shiurim on the phone and then she would teach what she learned to her younger siblings.

She had a big impact on everyone she met. In her quiet way, she would brighten up the lives of those around her. She showed you don’t have to do “huge earthshaking things” to impact the world.

Please help us do something for her now.

This is a suggested list. You can choose something from here, or anything else that you feel is appropriate.

You can do this once and send her a gift on the occasion of her yahrtzeit,
or you can choose to do something recurringly, which will be sending her multiple gifts over time.
Whatever it is that you choose to do, it will be priceless for her, and for you, and for the entire world.

Even a tiny act will bring a tremendous amount of light into the world and will be a huge gift for her.

List of examples:
-Be sure to be ready for Shabbos and light the candles on time
…maybe prepare a little bit early so it is not a last minute rush.

-Give Tzedaka before candle lighting
…maybe prepare the coins and tzedaka box early.

-Come into shabbos “ready” eg. dressed for shabbos. Hopefully as calm as possible.

-Call someone to wish them good shabbos.

-Smile at someone and brighten their day.

-Tzedaka.
… maybe keep coins near your tzedaka box.
… maybe have in mind “Great is tzedaka which brings close the geulah (Moshiach).”

-Go to a shiur, learn from a sefer, listen to a torah podcast, or similar

-Any mitzva that you would like to do

It would be very meaningful for the family and a source of comfort if you would join the WhatsApp group and share what you chose to do as a gift for Chana Ettel a”h

‎לע״נ חנה עטל ע״ה בת יבלחט״א דוד

https://chat.whatsapp.com/LiOR.....oqz87

itstime

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 11:09 pm
Another year has passed and we are coming up to my daughter Chana Ettel’s second yahrtzeit

So much has happened since…
The world has seemingly turned upside down and we are all in shock and grief as we try to get through each day and process things that are beyond human comprehension

As a mother I want my daughter to have as many gifts as possible
Part of me feels like how can I be selfish to ask for so much for my daughter at such a time
But it’s not only for my daughter

Being that these are spiritual gifts…
They are so much more
These are gifts for the person who does the mitzva gift
These are gifts for everyone around that person
These are gifts for the safe return of our hostages
These are gifts for the safety of our chayalim
These are gifts for the safety of our nation
These are gifts that light up the world
These are gifts that bring Moshiach closer; with techiyas hameisim and an end to all the suffering

These gifts are unique in that no matter what mitzva gift you choose - it is always the right thing. Always helpful. Never out of date. It is genuine and lasts forever. This is a gift that keeps giving and improves the atmosphere and surroundings for everyone

So after thinking about it-I don’t feel so bad to ask. How bad can it be to ask someone to do something that will benefit themselves, and the world?

Yes. It is a present for my daughter. And I truly appreciate it. Have no words to express what it means to me that someone is sending a priceless gift to my daughter who is no longer able to do these physical things on her own

So please…
Choose a mitzva
Any mitzva
And do it for all the reasons above (you can also add your own)

In merit of Chana Ettel a”h bas yblcht”a Dovid

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 12:21 am
Wow, 2 years? They must’ve been so long and hard, with such a void 💔
May her neshama have an aliyah and Chana Ettel be a gitta beiter.

itstime

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 1:56 pm
Omein.
Thank you so much for your caring words.

Yes. It really has felt long and hard.

The thing that keeps me going is the knowledge that the neshama is eternal and that we can still give presents. Every mitzva that is done in her zechus is a present so when I feel overwhelmed with grief I send her a little present.

And now as her yahrtzeit is coming up- and my emotions are increasing in intensity -I just want to give her a huge treasure chest of presents.

Which is why I’m reaching out to as many people as I can. So that if each person does one little mitzva (and we know that there is no such thing as a “little mitzva”) then together it will be a huge treasure chest of meaningful gifts for my daughter and also for the whole world.

It is comforting to hear that people are doing things and if anyone is comfortable enough to post (even anonymously) either here or a private message or joining my WhatsApp group https://chat.whatsapp.com/LiOR.....oqz87 it’s letting me know that you sent my daughter a gift and there are no words to express what that means for me. (Of course even if you don’t post- your mitzva is priceless and so very much appreciated)

I thank you so much from the depths of my broken heart for each mitzva that is done for
Chana Ettel a”h bas yblcht”a Dovid

itstime

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 9:09 pm
Chana Ettel a”h started a "Shabbos Candle Campaign" encouraging others to give Tzedakah before lighting candles and to light on time.

This project expanded to include an inspirational poem card adding a personal touch. (The poem is in this thread in an earlier post- jan 14 2022)

Following the Rebbe's teaching of והחי יתן אל לבו, we encourage you to help carry on Chana Ettel’s project; to uplift your own candle lighting as you welcome the Shabbos Queen and to inspire another Jewish woman to light Shabbos candles.

This is a personal gift that you can give to Chana Ettel.

In this merit may all our troubles melt away with משיח NOW!

Poems are available (free of charge) in: English, Hebrew, French, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese

For poems, candle lighting kits or information please private message me
Or go to www.CardsOfInspiration.org

‎לע״נ חנה עטל ע״ה בת יבלחט״א דוד

this is link is admin approved

amother
Junglegreen

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 10:17 pm
itstime wrote:
Omein.
Thank you so much for your caring words.

Yes. It really has felt long and hard.

The thing that keeps me going is the knowledge that the neshama is eternal and that we can still give presents. Every mitzva that is done in her zechus is a present so when I feel overwhelmed with grief I send her a little present.

And now as her yahrtzeit is coming up- and my emotions are increasing in intensity -I just want to give her a huge treasure chest of presents.

Which is why I’m reaching out to as many people as I can. So that if each person does one little mitzva (and we know that there is no such thing as a “little mitzva”) then together it will be a huge treasure chest of meaningful gifts for my daughter and also for the whole world.

It is comforting to hear that people are doing things and if anyone is comfortable enough to post (even anonymously) either here or a private message or joining my WhatsApp group https://chat.whatsapp.com/LiOR.....oqz87 it’s letting me know that you sent my daughter a gift and there are no words to express what that means for me. (Of course even if you don’t post- your mitzva is priceless and so very much appreciated)

I thank you so much from the depths of my broken heart for each mitzva that is done for
Chana Ettel a”h bas yblcht”a Dovid

I just wanted to let you know that I often struggle with bentching right after eating before getting carried away and then forgetting or bentching while clearing the table etc TMI . But I read this during my “lunch break” and took out a bentcher and sat and bentched and had in mind l’ilu nishmas.
I also found some coins when cleaning and put it in tzedakah l’N your daughter.

Last edited by amother on Fri, Jan 12 2024, 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total

itstime

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 12:22 am
Thank you so much for letting me know about these precious Mitzva gifts that you sent for my daughter

There are no words adequate to express what this means for me

It is a source of comfort in this very intense emotional time

May these mitzvos be protection for you and for our whole nation

Thank you also to everyone who is doing extra mitzvos even if you are not posting about it. Each one of these gifts is priceless.

For my daughter and for you and for our whole nation

itstime

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 2:00 pm
Dear Junglegreen
Thank you again for the message you sent on Thursday about the mitzvos you did for my daughter a”h.

Shabbos was emotionally intense. Something that helped me through it was this message (from someone I don’t even know).

It really warms my heart that you sat down to bentch with a bentcher as a zechus for my daughter’s aliyas neshama. It means so much to me especially since it’s something that you struggle with.

And you did it for my daughter.

And that you remembered while you were cleaning and gave those coins to Tzedaka in her merit.

Thank you so much for these precious presents . They mean so much to me. They are eternal gifts for my daughter. They are gifts for the world and they are gifts for you and your family as well.

May you see much revealed good in your life

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 1:31 am
I want you to know that I have done some mitzvos with your daughter in mind. Her neshama should have an aliya. And may HaShem comfort you.

itstime

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 12:29 pm
Thank you so much Ivory

This means so much to me to know that you have done mitzvos as meaningful presents for my daughter.

Even though I don’t know who you are, it warms my heart and brings me a feeling of comfort in this very emotional time.

Each Mitzva is another priceless gift for my daughter and also it is a gift for you and your family and for the entire world

May you and yours be blessed with revealed good
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics