Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
How old were you...
  Previous  1  2  3 46  47  48 65  66  67  Next

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 9:56 pm
simcha4 wrote:
4 I was able to read fluently and read proper books, not kids books with two words on a page.
I haven't stopped since.

How old were you when you realized that Hashem truly Cares about you and loves you?

Still working on that one, it’s been a tough year.

How old were you when you realized that chaos will ensue daily in your house no matter what you do to avoid it?

Esty 4

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 10:10 pm

How old where you when you realized everyone has there pekel (loosely translated as baggage)?

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 10:21 pm
Esty 4 wrote:

How old where you when you realized everyone has there pekel (loosely translated as baggage)?

Darn it, I’m almost 40!!! In fairness though, this year is much more chaotic than any other year since I first became a mom.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 10:22 pm
Esty 4 wrote:

15 or 16

How old were you when you realized that the top of a onesie is designed that you can pull it down off the kids shoulders and take it off that way?

simcha4

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 10:12 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
15 or 16

How old were you when you realized that the top of a onesie is designed that you can pull it down off the kids shoulders and take it off that way?

Do you mean with a stretchable neck? Or press button on shoulder?

I didn't realize that yet. Perhaps my married children did Wink

How old were you when you started feeling unfulfilled in your first job and decided to switch jobs.

Ema of 5

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 10:17 pm
simcha4 wrote:
Do you mean with a stretchable neck? Or press button on shoulder?

I didn't realize that yet. Perhaps my married children did Wink

How old were you when you started feeling unfulfilled in your first job and decided to switch jobs.

Stretchable neck

BH never, but due to circumstances, I will be taking the rest of the school year off. I hope and think that it will be good for me.

How old were you when your children started getting taller than you?

simcha4

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 10:37 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
Stretchable neck

BH never, but due to circumstances, I will be taking the rest of the school year off. I hope and think that it will be good for me.

How old were you when your children started getting taller than you?

Someone wrote a humor article about that, I think I read it in the (non existing anymore) Horizons mag. I loved and still love the title she used - "THE SHRINKING MOM"

I'm on the tall side. Only my son is taller than me. I'm still taller than my daughters, though I have a feeling that my 17yr. old will be taller at the rate she's growing, ke'h.

How old were you when you realized that children notice and absorb more than you think and are cleverer then you think they are?

BubblyBubby

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 3:46 am
Quote:
How old were you when you realized that children notice and absorb more than you think and are cleverer then you think they are?

I always had a high opinion of children's intelligence and perception, I never thought they were stupid or did not understand...

that's the way I was treated as a child, and that's the way I have seen children since I can remember...

How old were you when you first told a child not to do something?

Tof Umachol

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 3:58 am
[quote="BubblyBubby"]
Quote:

How old were you when you first told a child not to do something?

Probably about 8 or 9 when taking care of my younger brother.

How old were you when you had to part from a good friend?

BubblyBubby

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 4:02 am
Quote:

How old were you when you first went to a big library?

simcha4

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 2:55 pm
BubblyBubby wrote:
Quote:

How old were you when you first went to a big library?

About 8-9

How old were you when you were able to get fully dressed by yourself?

rachelli66

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 3:21 pm
I assume around 4 or 5.

How old were you when you started going to Shul on Shabbat
even for a short time to Daven?

simcha4

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 8:37 pm
rachelli66 wrote:
I assume around 4 or 5.

How old were you when you started going to Shul on Shabbat
even for a short time to Daven?

around 10. I helped my darling grandmother a'h walk to shul every Shabbos, many years. I gained from it that I got to daven in shul on Shabbos.

How old were you when your teacher asked you to stand in front of the class and read aloud your English homework assignment or something else you'd written?

BubblyBubby

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 10:09 am
simcha4 wrote:
around 10. I helped my darling grandmother a'h walk to shul every Shabbos, many years. I gained from it that I got to daven in shul on Shabbos.

How old were you when your teacher asked you to stand in front of the class and read aloud your English homework assignment or something else you'd written?

I think this never happened... was not done in my school...

How old were you when you understood that snow is really water?

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 10:12 am
BubblyBubby wrote:
I think this never happened... was not done in my school...

How old were you when you understood that snow is really water?

I think I understood it in elementary school, because snow was never something real to me anyway. I grew up in Florida, and didn’t see snow all that often.

How old were you when you realized that some conspiracy theories are actually true?

BubblyBubby

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 10:16 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
I think I understood it in elementary school, because snow was never something real to me anyway. I grew up in Florida, and didn’t see snow all that often.

How old were you when you realized that some conspiracy theories are actually true?

Nope, sorry. If it is true, it's not a conspiracy theory...

How old were you when you discovered your mother or father had lied to you (on something)

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 10:18 am
BubblyBubby wrote:
Nope, sorry. If it is true, it's not a conspiracy theory...

How old were you when you discovered your mother or father had lied to you (on something)

That’s what I meant- that some conspiracy theories are not actually conspiracy theories, but are in fact true.

BubblyBubby

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 10:45 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
That’s what I meant- that some conspiracy theories are not actually conspiracy theories, but are in fact true.

Conspiracy theories, by definition, are not true.
But it can happen that you think something is a conspiracy theory, and it is actually true.

I never discovered that something I thought was a conspiracy theory was true.

But it happened that I discovered that something I thought was not true was in fact true...

I remember my father telling me about seafoam pipes... and they actually exist...

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 11:55 am
BubblyBubby wrote:
Conspiracy theories, by definition, are not true.
But it can happen that you think something is a conspiracy theory, and it is actually true.

I never discovered that something I thought was a conspiracy theory was true.

But it happened that I discovered that something I thought was not true was in fact true...

I remember my father telling me about seafoam pipes... and they actually exist...

I guess I’m not explaining clearly. My question was how old were you when you realized that some conspiracy theories are actually not conspiracy theories at all, and are in fact true?

BubblyBubby

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 1:43 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
I guess I’m not explaining clearly. My question was how old were you when you realized that some conspiracy theories are actually not conspiracy theories at all, and are in fact true?

As I told you above: It never happened to me that I thought something was a conspiracy theory and then it turned out it actually was true. But then, I am not very much into conspiracy theories, either way...

How old where you when you first discovered your mother or father had lied to you?
Page 47 of 67   Previous  1  2  3 46  47  48 65  66  67  Next Recent Topics