Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Best way to use master closet shelves

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 8:11 am
I'm looking for tips for keeping my walk in closet shelves organized. They keep getting messy so I need a better system.
Specifically for the best way to keep:
Shells
Skirts that don't get creases
Sweaters and T shirts

Every time I take one it gets messy. Also hard to tell which black shirt etc is which...

I have a lot of hanging space for dresses, shirts and skirts that get creased. So the shelves are for t-shirts etc.

Only small drawers for undergarments and socks.

Any and all tips welcome!
TIA

Oldest

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 11:56 am
Get bins and file fold your t-shirts
Or, personally I hang up all my shirts even the junkiest T-shirts to minimize this problem

amother
Broom

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 12:11 pm
Keep separate piles?

Shabbos pile, tees for house, weekday sweaters, shells

Hang all skirts, even those for the house

But my piles still get messyish

lfab

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 12:44 pm
2 ideas you can try
- file fold shirts and sweaters and place into bins so you can see everything without messing up the piles. You can also use an organizer like this Wardrobe Clothes Organizer(2PCSοΌ‰- Closet Organizers and Storage Baskets - Foldable, Easy To Clean, Save Space Clothing Storage Bins, Portable Storage Containers for Bedroom Dorm Room (GRAY, Medium) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09J.....psc=1

-use dividers between each stack to keep things neat and not all the pile get messed up when you take one thing out. HBlife 4 Pack Shelf Dividers Closet Shelves for Wood Shelves Cabinets Bedroom Organization and Storage, Clear Acrylic https://www.amazon.com/dp/B093.....psc=1

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 2:52 pm
Some great ideas. Thanks.
Thank you for taking the time to post links. Extremely helpful.

zaq

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 3:44 pm
If your things are getting creased hanging in a closet, it's a sign you have too much crammed in there. Time to purge, my friend. Another dead giveaway that you have too many clothes is that you "can't tell which black shirt is which." Unless you're a full time funeral director, how many nearly identical black shirts do you really need?

Consider converting some shelf space to hanging space by replacing shelves with rods and hang everything except sweaters. Silly to fold a skirt or T-shirt when you have the space to hang it. A hanger is better for skirts and is less work all around.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics