Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Teen DS feet smell

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 8:37 pm
My 12yo DS’s feet smell terrible! He showers every day, but he takes his shoes off when he gets home and the smell is just Puke . I know I know welcome to teen boys. But am I overlooking something that can be solved somehow? He wears regular sneakers and socks.

BrisketBoss

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 8:41 pm
Are you sure he's not re-wearing socks?

amother
NeonOrange

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 8:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My 12yo DS’s feet smell terrible! He showers every day, but he takes his shoes off when he gets home and the smell is just Puke . I know I know welcome to teen boys. But am I overlooking something that can be solved somehow? He wears regular sneakers and socks.

Could be it's fungal

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 8:56 pm
No, he’s definitely changing socks, he’s the type who will rather put in hamper (or next to) than deal with dirty socks.
How do I find out if it’s fungal and what do I do? (Clueless sorry!)

amother
DarkGray

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 9:14 pm
Go to a Podiatrist

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 9:34 pm
My brothers have this issue. It's when sneakers get wet from sweat or rain and don't dry well.
This is what they do.

Wear thick exercise socks meant to wick away sweat
Have 2 pairs of sneaker and alternate each day so they have time to dry completely.
Wash bottom of feet and toes with soap in shower
Buy oder balls and put them in sneakers overnight.
You can also try to sprinkle baking powder inside overnight, but shake it out before wearing.

My brother actually told me that he pours rubbing alcohol into his sneakers every two weeks. Tilts the sneaker so it gets every spot and let dry. He says this really works.

Once they get stinky, it's pretty much a lost cause. It's never going to be completely oder-less.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 9:39 pm
My son's feet stank and I bought him bamboo socks and found it made a huge difference.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 9:50 pm
His shoes are liekly made of poor material as most sneakers are today expensive junk so his feet are smelling extra from it
Buy items to place in shoe
He can also habe athelte foot he needs to dry his feet well after shower in between toes

Between the 3 it should cure it

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 9:57 pm
Have him use a foot deodorant, or spray his feet with a normal deodorant every morning before putting on socks and shoes.
And what was posted above - the shoes must dry out completely between wears.

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 10:02 pm
Did you mean baking SODA not baking powder?

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 10:26 pm
My DH used to have this when we were first married.
He switched to thicker white cotton socks. Maybe he bought different shoes then.too.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 5:44 am
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
Did you mean baking SODA not baking powder?

Lol! Yes! Baking soda

simcha2

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 5:50 am
I've posted this before, but apparently there is a bacteria that can live on feet and make them smell. In addition to frequent washing of feet, socks and shoes. ) and having more than one pair of shoes).Use a spray that contains zinc oxide for a few days (on feet and in shoes).

Ds had this and nothing worked until we started using the spray. After he had used in for a couple of weeks, the smell went away and had never come back.

We used Dr school's odor x spray

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 9:55 am
Thank you everyone who took the time to answer!!! Really appreciate it Heart

vintagebknyc

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 10:52 am
The fastest answer: Dr Scholls Odor Eater insoles. Buy them at CVS. Put them in your son's shoes, no more odor.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 11:12 am
amother [ DarkKhaki ] wrote:
My son's feet stank and I bought him bamboo socks and found it made a huge difference.

Or try copper... yes' it really works!

Copper Socks, FOOTPLUS Unisex Cushioned Sole Arch Support Athletic Ankle/Crew Performance Running Hiking Socks https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B.....Q4JQM
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children