Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Is covid vaccine effective and helpful?
1  2  Next

What was your experience regarding covid vaccine?
I had covid before vaccine came out then got vaccinated and didnt have covid again  
 10%  [ 5 ]
I had covid before vaccine came out, got the vaccine and got covid again  
 4%  [ 2 ]
I had covid before the vaccine came out, didnt get the vaccine and didnt get covid again  
 20%  [ 10 ]
I had covid before the vaccine came out, didnt get the vaccine and got covid again. My symptoms were stronger the first time  
 12%  [ 6 ]
I had covid before the vaccine came out, didnt get the vaccine and got covid again. My symptoms were worse the second time  
 0%  [ 0 ]
I didnt have covid before the vaccine, took the vaccine then got horrible symptomatic covid  
 2%  [ 1 ]
I didnt have covid before the vaccine, took the vaccine, then got mild covid  
 8%  [ 4 ]
I didnt have covid before vaccine, took vaccine and got asymptomatic covid  
 4%  [ 2 ]
I didnt have covid, took the vaccine and got covid and was hospitalized  
 0%  [ 0 ]
I didnt take the vaccine and didnt have covid  
 8%  [ 4 ]
Other, will explain in comments  
 26%  [ 13 ]
Didnt have covid, took the vaccine and still didnt have covid  
 6%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 50

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 1:54 pm
The official narrative is that the covid vaccine helps reduces major symptoms and hospitalizations but many people were asymptomatic or only had minor symptoms and were never hospitalized before the vaccine came out. So does the vaccine work/help? Feel free to share your experiences.

amother
Whitewash

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 1:58 pm
I didn't get vaccinated. I didn't get covid until very recently. I felt sick for a few days, but never got fever about 100, and got better with no intervention. Not sure how much more minor symptoms I could have gotten, so my vote is that - at least in my case bh - the vaccine wasn't needed.

I know people do get worse cases, but it seriously felt anticlimactic. THIS is what the world's been afraid of all this time?? It's a cold. A bad cold, a draining cold, but it goes away and I'm bh fine!

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 2:00 pm
Hospitalizations and worse are very rare - especially in the people in their 20s and 30s which most ima-mothers are.

So too small group to learn anything.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 2:00 pm
Before the vaccines my whole family had covid and I didn't get it. Now that I am vaccinated I got covid and my whole unvaccinated family did not.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 2:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The official narrative is that the covid vaccine helps reduces major symptoms and hospitalizations but many people were asymptomatic or only had minor symptoms and were never hospitalized before the vaccine came out. So does the vaccine work/help? Feel free to share your experiences.

Why is there not an option for I didn’t have Covid before the vaccine, took the vaccine and didn’t have Covid after the vaccine?

That is my scenario. I have not had Covid to my knowledge and have had the vaccine. 🤷‍♀️

poll option added-mod

amother
Wandflower

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 2:17 pm
amother [ Ghostwhite ] wrote:
Why is there not an option for I didn’t have Covid before the vaccine, took the vaccine and didn’t have Covid after the vaccine?

That is my scenario. I have not had Covid to my knowledge and have had the vaccine. 🤷‍♀️

Same. That's what I came on here to ask.

Didn't have covid before the vaccine, did get the vaccine, and did not get covid after the vaccine.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 2:17 pm
Fully vaxxed..never had covid...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 2:20 pm
amother [ Ghostwhite ] wrote:

Oops. I missed this one, sorry. I cant redo the poll on this thread so maybe a mod can add it.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 2:24 pm
I had covid around Purim 2020 and then again last month.
The symptoms were worse the first time because I did have mild shortness of breathe BUT I had fever for a week now and if a vaccine could prevent that I would have no problem taking it.
I did not vaccinate but I do plan to probably eventually vaccinate, especially if they make one which has the flu vaccine as well.

BadTichelDay

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 2:27 pm
I took 3 doses of vaccine and never had Covid, to my best knowledge. All my tests were negative, even though I know I was exposed to symptomatic positive people a few times. It worked for me, so far. What

vintagebknyc

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 2:29 pm
Gee, why is there no "I didn't have covid, I got the vaccine and booster and still haven't gotten covid?"

amother
Blueberry

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 2:32 pm
Fully vaxxed and boosted....bh didn't get COVID (even though half my household had it last 2 weeks and I had to take care of them)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 2:43 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
Gee, why is there no "I didn't have covid, I got the vaccine and booster and still haven't gotten covid?"

It wouldnt let me add it here so I started a new poll, feel free to respond on that thread. https://www.imamother.com/foru.....57458

amother
Hosta

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 2:51 pm
Was nevee vaxxed. Had covid in beginning, and was super mild- maybe one day felt under the weather and I did lose taste/smell for a week. Still have high antibodies and was just given a PCR test for work which was positive. Basically no symptoms except a slight cough.

Most people getting covid get it mild
I don't believe there is any correlation to the vaccine
Some people are dying without the vaccine and some with the vaccine as well

Pita

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 2:57 pm
This is not a scientific study. How are those who died supposed to reply?

DrMom

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 2:59 pm
Got vaxed, never got covid.

Pretty telling that this case was omitted...

Jewishmom8

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 3:02 pm
I got three shots and didnt get covid.
I got a very yucky flu though Sad

amother
Black

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 3:11 pm
Not vaccinated had covid in October for the first time. Other than terrible headaches I was fine. Didn’t seek any medical care.

chanchy123

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 3:40 pm
Just five the record I too, am triple vaxxed never had COVID to my knowledge (and I tested ) I was exposed to immediate family members with COVID in August and never got it.
I am 100% happy I took the vaccines and know for a fact that it helped during delta and beta which were very dangerous, I am not under the illusion it will protect me completely from omicron - but I hope it does prove to give some level of protection.

crema

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 3:46 pm
chanchy123 wrote:
Just five the record I too, am triple vaxxed never had COVID to my knowledge (and I tested ) I was exposed to immediate family members with COVID in August and never got it.
I am 100% happy I took the vaccines and know for a fact that it helped during delta and beta which were very dangerous, I am not under the illusion it will protect me completely from omicron - but I hope it does prove to give some level of protection.

DITTO (my dh had the covid during sukkot)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics