Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
With three days Yom Tov ahead of us..... (makeup question)

amother

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 10:35 am
anyone have any tips on keeping my makeup ON?!?!?

amother

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 10:38 am
Move to israel. There you have 2 days. Such should be all our worries.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 10:40 am
im sorry but since when can you not apply makeup on yom tov? my DH says its totally ok, its yom tov not shabbos I dont know and I think were "yeshivish" so Im posting anon for fear of making it sound like were total amaratzim!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 10:43 am
most of the dinim of shabbos apply on yomtov.

Crayon210

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 10:45 am
amother wrote:
im sorry but since when can you not apply makeup on yom tov? my DH says its totally ok, its yom tov not shabbos I dont know and I think were "yeshivish" so Im posting anon for fear of making it sound like were total amaratzim!

Theonly differences between YT and Shabbos are hotza'ah and ochel nefesh. Which one is makeup? Confused Why are you allowed to put on makeup?

Ruchel

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 10:49 am
Given that I always forget which kind of make up is ok and I am too lazy to try to find shabbes make up, I don't wear make up on YT either. I'll ask dh if it's really allowed for me.
I don't see what kind of make up could stay on so much time, anyway... Sad

hannah95

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 12:07 pm
The two first day should be ok with long lasting eye makeup done before shabbat, but the third day ... Well I won't be made up. And, frankly, I don't really care, it doesn't keep me from enjoying myself (and doesn't stop me of slaving in the kitchen either lol).

H

Hannah!

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 12:15 pm
edit

Last edited by Hannah! on Sun, May 04 2008, 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total

shalhevet

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 12:32 pm
Crayon210 wrote:
amother wrote:

Theonly differences between YT and Shabbos are hotza'ah and ochel nefesh. Which one is makeup? Confused Why are you allowed to put on makeup?

I second crayon. Amother, please check again with your rav - make up is tzoveya and mimrach, which have the same issurim on YT as Shabbos.

waterbottle

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 3:53 pm
No one feels fresh by the third day anyway. Lots of people stay home... It shouldn't matter if you look bad because everyone will look equally as bad. Just think how lucky we are to be married and be able to wear a sheitel. Single girls all have messed up hair by the 2nd day, surely by the 3rd.

Maya

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 4:02 pm
Shabbos makeup is available, and you can use that on the third day.

Or check out this thread:
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....ight=

Hannah!

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 4:17 pm
edit

Last edited by Hannah! on Sun, May 04 2008, 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total

red sea

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 4:19 pm
shalhevet wrote:
Crayon210 wrote:
amother wrote:

I second crayon. Amother, please check again with your rav - make up is tzoveya and mimrach, which have the same issurim on YT as Shabbos.

yup, check with your rabbi

waterbottle

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 5:03 pm
Quote:
Hannah!
PostPosted: Mon, Apr 14 2008, 12:17 pm Post subject: Re: re: With three days Yom Tov ahead of us.....
waterbottle wrote:
No one feels fresh by the third day anyway. Lots of people stay home... It shouldn't matter if you look bad because everyone will look equally as bad. Just think how lucky we are to be married and be able to wear a sheitel. Single girls all have messed up hair by the 2nd day, surely by the 3rd.

I resent that, my hair always looked great on Days 2 and 3.

Is your hair curly or straight? If curly, did you blow dry it straight? IMHO, it's hard for curly/wavy hair to stay un-frizzy w/o being crunchy for 3 days...

Ruchel

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 5:07 pm
So many women blow dry their hair straight... such a work when curls have their beauty, too! stay as G-d made you! Wink

Akeres Habayis

Post Wed, Apr 16 2008, 2:30 am
I can't imagine makeup on for 3days!my face would break out,not to mention the "old"look by the 3rd day(I dont have wrinkles BH,but the makeup would tend to enhance them)my sure your eyebrows are well shaped,and wear some old fashion pink tube maybeline waterproof mascara and call it aday,that stays on until u take it off.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics