Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Is covid vaccine effective and helpful? New Options added

What was your experience regarding covid vaccine?
I had covid before vaccine came out then got vaccinated and didnt have covid again  
 11%  [ 16 ]
I had covid before vaccine came out, got the vaccine and got covid again. first time was worse  
 2%  [ 3 ]
I had covid before vaccine came out, got the vaccine and got covid again second time was worse  
 0%  [ 1 ]
I had covid before the vaccine came out, didnt get the vaccine and didnt get covid again  
 17%  [ 24 ]
I had covid before the vaccine came out, didnt get the vaccine and got covid again. My symptoms were stronger the first time  
 7%  [ 10 ]
I had covid before the vaccine came out, didnt get the vaccine and got covid again. My symptoms were worse the second time  
 0%  [ 1 ]
I didnt have covid, took the vaccine and/or booster and never had covid afterwards  
 35%  [ 50 ]
I didnt have covid before the vaccine, took the vaccine then got horrible symptomatic covid  
 2%  [ 3 ]
I didnt have covid before the vaccine, took the vaccine, then got mild covid  
 14%  [ 20 ]
I didnt have covid before vaccine, took vaccine and got asymptomatic covid  
 0%  [ 1 ]
I didnt have covid, took the vaccine and got covid and was hospitalized  
 0%  [ 1 ]
I didnt take the vaccine and didnt have covid  
 7%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 140

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 2:39 pm
This is from the other thread where I left things out and couldnt add so I will do it again here. I hope I covered all possible options.

The official narrative is that the covid vaccine helps reduces major symptoms and hospitalizations but many people were asymptomatic or only had minor symptoms and were never hospitalized before the vaccine came out. So does the vaccine work/help? Feel free to share your experiences.

ETA: it wouldnt let me include "Other" but feel free to write about your experience in the comments.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 3:05 pm
This is an updated poll from the other thread so for those commenting that some options were omitted, please note that I couldnt update the other thread so I started a new thread with additional options.
Whether you voted on the other thread or couldnt vote on the other thread, please vote on this poll.

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....57452

amother
Poinsettia

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 4:26 pm
wow. Huge difference from the other poll.
I vaccinated, never had covid, didn't have antibodies. 2 of my kids had covid. The other 7 didn't.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 4:41 pm
Hard to be accurate since Lot ppl that didn't feel well and assumed it's covid when was really just flu and opposite too.

Lot didn't test, and even if did it isn't necessarily accurate

amother
Raspberry

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 9:10 pm
Didn’t vote-
I got covid for the first time a few weeks ago, being vaccinated and boosted. I can’t say it was mild but it also wasn’t “horrible” I experienced pretty much all the symptoms but it was somewhere between mild and horrible. I guess I would have checked off “moderate “.

amother
Wandflower

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 9:33 pm
Had a very bad case of covid at the beginning. Like, I'm grateful to be alive. Was TERRIFIED of ever being that sick again. Got vaxxed as soon as I was eligible. Since then I've been exposed to covid numerous times but never got it. I felt a bit under the weather for about 12 hours on Shabbos about a week and a half ago (just one runny nostril, no other symptoms) but by the time shabbos was over I felt 100% fine so didn't test. Could have been a minimally symptomatic case of Omnicrom What

amother
Nemesia

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 11:30 am
How did so many people not get covid a second time recently. Almost everyone I know had it again now.

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 12:17 pm
Got covid which wasn't the best--> got the vaccine (JandJ)--> think I got covid again which was more or less the same as first time (didn't test)--> and now like 2-3 weeks later officially got Covid again which was better than 1st and 2nd

And the NY state still might make me get boosted due to my job... Banging head
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics