Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Old version of Adobe Creative Suite

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 10:35 pm
DGD would like to learn Photoshop but her mother does not want a computer with Internet so a subscription won't work. I told her she only has to connect the computer to someone's Internet every 100 days to verify license but she doesn't want an internet-capable computer at all.

So, I can buy an old version of Creative Suite on ebay, it seems, with license etc. (Or I can go to Open Source Gimp, but I think it's worth her learning the whole suite.) But how can I know ahead of time if the version will run on, let's say, the oldest version of Windows that the seller is able to install?

If you know this area or know of a seller or tech who can guide us, please advis. It does not have to be in any specific location since presumably we can buy and/or get advice on the phone.

Thanks!

mama123

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 10:45 pm
You should be able to look it up on Adobe’s site. I use an old version of CS - I think it’s either 5 or 6, and it will only run on old operating systems for my Mac. Just make sure you buy from someone trustworthy. And it’s probably still going to be not super cheap.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 11:42 pm
I run CS6 on my windows 10 computer
When I installed the programs there was a way to set it up that when you open the program it triggers windows to run itself as if it was an older version
I can't remember the exact details of how I set it up - but it is possible
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics