Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Comfortable office chair

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 10:12 pm
I work from home. Many many hours at the computer. I have a proper office set up with a desk and office chair, but I always end up taking my laptop and moving onto the couch. I'm simply not comfortable sitting in a chair for so many hours!

Its become a bit crazy that I'm not at my desk (I have other papers etc.. that I have easily accessible at my desk). I have no room in my office for any size couch, not even a one seater.

What kind of office chair is your absolute favorite in terms of comfort (stylish would be nice too, but comfort comes first)? Don't tell me I need to sit in it myself/we all have different comfort levels.. I know! I will try it out before buying it if thats an option, but I'm simply asking you for your favorite!)

I wish I could pull the couch right up to the desk

singleagain

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 12:32 am
I have a kneeling chair at the office. I had to sit in a different chair for a few nights or was so not comfortable, I pulled my kneeling chair over

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 9:56 am
thanks. not gonna work for me. I need to be wrapped up in my blanket with a snack lol... any other ideas?

doctorima

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 10:58 am
Herman Miller chairs are crazy expensive, but they have a reputation for being extremely ergonomic and comfortable for hours on end. If you figure out which one you want, you can often find them on Craigslist for around half the price of a new one.

Alternatively, when DH needs an office chair, he goes to Staples and sits in the various floor models and finds one he likes, and that usually lasts 2-3 years, for much less than a Herman Miller chair.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers