Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Why didn't we get in?
Previous  1  2

amother
Arcticblue

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 8:51 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
There’s plenty of time still to get into a less popular camp. I haven’t applied anywhere yet Smile

Not my experience. Just about every Yeshivish type camp I looked into are full already (more than 10 such camps).

amother
Hydrangea

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 9:10 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
There’s plenty of time still to get into a less popular camp. I haven’t applied anywhere yet Smile

No there isn’t time in the yeshivish world. Most are full by now.

brbs

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 9:26 pm
We applied for daughter for Agudah Midwest and MTM. Applied one the first day application opened as she got waitlisted. Super disappointing that camp is so hard to get into.
My daughter just got accepted to camp Lehava, and she’s really looking forward to attending.

How old is your daughter?

amother
Obsidian

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 9:40 pm
My daughter is in 9th. Any chances of any yeshivish type girls camps at all???? She is waitlisted at 1 camp..

amother
Maize

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 9:43 pm
brbs wrote:
We applied for daughter for Agudah Midwest and MTM. Applied one the first day application opened as she got waitlisted. Super disappointing that camp is so hard to get into.
My daughter just got accepted to camp Lehava, and she’s really looking forward to attending.

How old is your daughter?

Lena a is not yeshivish at all so wouldn’t work for a yeshivish girl.

amother
Maize

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 9:43 pm
amother [ Maize ] wrote:
Lehava is not yeshivish at all so wouldn’t work for a yeshivish girl.

amother
NeonPink

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 9:48 pm
amother [ Maize ] wrote:

Can someone elaborate on what type Lehava is?
Do girls wear knee socks there?

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 10:21 pm
Malka and Palgai Mayim aren’t bad choices. Apply to those camps

amother
Acacia

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 11:00 pm
Op please don’t take it personally it’s very likely that has nothing to do with your daughter and that there just isn’t space. Just keep calling to find out if anything opened up, and daven!

amother
Yarrow

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 11:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you everyone for your replies! I don't have any pull I guess will have to try somewhere else. I'm wondering if the fact my sister (my daughter's aunt) went will help?is that like a 'sibling'?as in can I try using that as pull?

Are you comfortable having your rav call? Or teacher? Or principal? You can ask your sister or mother to call that your sister went and can they take your dd. I think the ppl that show most interest will move up.
Hatzlacha.
Who would imagine sleepover camps would be this crazy!

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 11:19 pm
I do not have children in these camps but am curious. How many years is it that it is hard to get the children into camp? It seems that just a few years ago we didn't hear of these problems? Am I mistaken?

amother
Hydrangea

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 11:21 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
I do not have children in these camps but am curious. How many years is it that it is hard to get the children into camp? It seems that just a few years ago we didn't hear of these problems? Am I mistaken?

BH the frum world has just been growing and growing in numbers.

keym

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 11:25 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:

I think under normal circumstances, there's a natural growth and development of new camps and natural expansion.
But 2 years of Corona stunted the growth and even shut down some camps and made it harder.

amother
Offwhite

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 11:42 pm
Most definately your sister should call. Another option is your daughter can go as a mothers helper. They charge $500 and she works part of the day and the rest she's part of camp activities. And then next year she's automatically in as a camper. (I know 2 girls who got in as mothers helper and then when they got to camp they were told they took too many mothers helpers and wanted to know if they would switch to be a camper)

amother
Springgreen

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 11:47 pm
Omg it’s January

amother
Almond

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 12:43 am
Don’t feel bad. Every person I know didn’t get in. Even the ones who come from finest schools and homes. It’s not personal. They had no room after siblings and kids from their school.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 11:43 am
Thank you everyone again is their a number to call and speak to someone?I called the office and left messages and no one calls back.im wondering if there is a different number?

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 11:54 am
OP, I saw in another thread that Bnos still had room.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics