Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Anything reliable kosher in spain?

Love My Babes

Post Thu, Apr 10 2008, 3:33 pm
my MIL is traveling to spain on business, and got a list of kosher places to eat. the question is how kosher is kosher? did anyone here go to spain or know someone that did, that can help me out. shell be in madrid and valencia. any info would be really helpful.
if u can get a phone number maybe for someone there that can let us know the level of kashrus on these places. thanks so much!

Hannah!

Post Thu, Apr 10 2008, 6:05 pm
edit

Last edited by Hannah! on Sun, May 04 2008, 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Raisin

Post Thu, Apr 10 2008, 7:00 pm
look on chabad.org. rabbi goldstein is in madrid, he and his wife are both american, they should be able to help.

Love My Babes

Post Thu, Apr 10 2008, 8:04 pm
yea thats what we thought all along, to find out about the chabad there, but I was wondering if anyone had first hand info.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Apr 11 2008, 9:55 am
A local Orthodox rav may allow things the ultra Orthodox won't allow, from a list of kosher food or ingredients (unless you want the ultra Orthodox standards).

My dh says in Madrid and Barcelone there is an Orthodox community.

For restaurants and shops: http://www.kosherdelight.com/S.....s.htm
shuls
http://www.kosherdelight.com/S.....s.htm

more http://www.kosherdelight.com/S.....s.htm

My dh says: For hechsherless products, you need to ask the rav of Madrid, R' Moshe Bendahan if there is a list, or whatever. I hope the community is organized enough to have compiled one!
His phone is + 34 91 591 31 35.

Hannah!

Post Fri, Apr 11 2008, 10:57 am
edit

Last edited by Hannah! on Sun, May 04 2008, 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Love My Babes

Post Fri, Apr 11 2008, 11:18 am
Ruchel, thanks for that info, some of the places have names of who gives the hechsher so hopefully well be able to find out if its good enough.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Apr 11 2008, 11:19 am
I had a friend who went a year or so ago and brought all her own food, except for local produce which she got there.

Love My Babes

Post Fri, Apr 11 2008, 11:23 am
chocolate moose wrote:
I had a friend who went a year or so ago and brought all her own food, except for local produce which she got there.
well if there are kosher places locally and we can find out the reliability of them, why shlep food on a plane?

miracle

Post Wed, Apr 16 2008, 8:23 am
Quote:
my MIL is traveling to spain on business, and got a list of kosher places to eat. the question is how kosher is kosher?

I have family and friends in Madrid.

Both restaurants in Madrid - Naomi Grill & La Escudilla - are under a good hechsher, Rav Moshe Bendahan is an orthodox Rav and gives a very good hechsher.
Also in Torremolinos the Hechsher is given by Rav Kalili and it is a good reliable hechsher.
I would be carefull in Malaga, Marbella and Barcelona. You should ask Rav Godshtein from Chabad or Rav Bendahan from the Madrid community.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics