Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Israel during Yeshiva week?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 11:48 pm
My husband and I have tickets to Israel. Just realized it is for during Yeshiva week. Is it crazy there during that week? We have no need to go that specific week and can still change dates. I don't want to go if it's going to be a mini Miami (lehavdil).

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 6:24 am
Israel is a big country, in terms of tourism. I dont think so many tourist come and all tourist attractions get crazy. Ive never heard of that before. Come, enjoy! Smile

chanchy123

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 6:28 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Israel is a big country, in terms of tourism. I dont think so many tourist come and all tourist attractions get crazy. Ive never heard of that before. Come, enjoy! Smile

I’d like to add that it will be a big chessed to come and spend money, giving parnassa to locals in the tourist industry who have been hit very hard by the COVID restrictions.

amother
Black

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 7:16 am
I would switch the dates not because of craziness with ppl but beacouse it’s not fun weather to do anything out doors
It’s cold and rainy and windy

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 9:11 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
I would switch the dates not because of craziness with ppl but beacouse it’s not fun weather to do anything out doors
It’s cold and rainy and windy

Thanks. Yeah, we know weather not the greatest on winter. But while we don't need to go this week, we do need to go in the next month.

doctorima

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 10:50 am
Israel is much bigger than Miami. Flights there are also much longer and more expensive, so it's not as easy to go for 3-4 days as it is to Florida. Also, because of Israel's entry requirements (vaccines and tests), many families can't go right now.

So I wouldn't expect Israel to feel overcrowded next week, and if you already have the tickets, I wouldn't change my plans because of this.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 1:10 pm
We have gone yeshiva week several times pre-covid. It was not crowded IMO then even though there were definitely more people visiting. Also depending where you go, it can be pretty empty as the break does not overlap with Israeli school breaks—for example hiking in national parks. Even in Jerusalem, it was not overcrowded. IME, it’s much busier the last couple weeks of December.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics