Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Compare to SIL's

amother

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 11:49 pm
I recently lost all my pregnancy weight, and feel really good with way I look. I would like to loose more, but think I look good for now ( I'm a size 6/8) The problem is, I'll be going to dh family for pesach and they are all really skinny.
I know I'll feel huge in comparison. How can I be happy and not compare?

chaylizi

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 11:53 pm
a size 6 is real good. I am slender & looking at my sil still makes me jealous. Just don't look. Remind yourself that everyone is built differently & you look good on your frame. You don't have anyone else's frame, so you can't compare.

amother

Post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 5:20 am
I know EXACTLY how you feel, except that I havent even lost all preg weight (DS2 is now 5 months), and even when I am at my skinniest, its not skinny, and its always a struggle, but DH's sisters never dieted in their lives, and, one of them gave birth after me, and is tiny.
It's all I could think about last night as I was sorting and packing clothes... Sad

amother

Post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 5:26 am
My MIL and SIL are tiny! I always feel huge, and hate eating in front of them!! I feel your pain..

yo'ma

Post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 8:01 am
Try to have more self confidence and whenever possible, stand next to pple heavier than you Very Happy . I doubt (or hope) that they look at you and think that you're bigger than them. You shouldn't either..the opposite. (Try to look at things that you have that they don't.)

flowerpower

Post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 10:30 am
I will never be a size 6 unless I break some bones with a hammer, who cares how much they weigh, u are u and they are they, people care about personalities not bodies. my sils are less then a size 0, I never thought about it even

Clarissa

Post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 11:22 am
I used to feel insecure around my SILs from my first marriage. They were thin and used to talk constantly about weight. Like, did you see Rhonda? She's lost so much weight! Or, I noticed Mira has gained a few pounds, I wonder if she feels bad about. So I'd feel uncomfortable, as I was chubbier than both of them, and they seemed pretty weight-obsessed. I wondered what they were saying about me when I left.

Im a mom

Post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 1:27 pm
Who cares what other ppl say about you!?!?!? Everyone is so self involved that they don't even notice what goes on around them. You are busy worrying about your weight and you neighbor has no clue cuz she's busy worrying about what her house looks like and the other neighbor has no clue cuz she's busy obsessing over what she's wearing... I guess it's a good thing that we live in a self obsessed world!

RachelB

Post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 4:52 pm
yo'ma wrote:
Try to have more self confidence and whenever possible, stand next to pple heavier than you Very Happy . I doubt (or hope) that they look at you and think that you're bigger than them. You shouldn't either..the opposite. (Try to look at things that you have that they don't.)

Now I know why you used to hang out with me!
I made you look thinner!!! Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Seriously, OP, look in the mirror and LOVE what you see. There is always someone thinner, prettier or richer, but that shouldn't matter, as long as you are comfortable with yourself!

yo'ma

Post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 7:23 pm
Quote:
yo'ma wrote:
Try to have more self confidence and whenever possible, stand next to pple heavier than you . I doubt (or hope) that they look at you and think that you're bigger than them. You shouldn't either..the opposite. (Try to look at things that you have that they don't.)

Now I know why you used to hang out with me!
I made you look thinner!!!
Now I think the opp would be true. Crying Crying embarrassed embarrassed

lamplighter

Post Wed, Apr 16 2008, 12:07 am
ye it worked for me...but then my friend lost tons of weight,,,,so I had to catch up.
ye I can join the support group for having very skiny sisters in law..........
I dont care IM smart and beautiful and talented and I married the best guy on earth so he!

ye I wear my confidence it looks best on me

lubaussie

Post Wed, Apr 16 2008, 9:14 am
Quote:
There is always someone thinner, prettier or richer

so true!! just think of something that you are better than them (are you smarter than them, funnier, happier, etc? probably)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise