Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
What do you wish Lakewood has?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 6:45 pm
asmileaday wrote:
Esther Rubinstein (the dog Mom of mybestiecharlie on Instagram) offers this. I can't remember the name I think maybe suppermade or something like that. It's real heimish food, not commercial. You can pm me for her phone number.

It's really expensive though. $95 a box, which feeds 2 adults or 4 kids. I'd totally do it otherwise, I watch her stories on Instagram and salivate.

asmileaday

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 6:51 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
It's really expensive though. $95 a box, which feeds 2 adults or 4 kids. I'd totally do it otherwise, I watch her stories on Instagram and salivate.

Ok I don't know her prices.

amother
Canary

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 7:13 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Try Bagel King (near npgs Jackson)

Doesn’t cut it for me, Sorry Smile

They do make some yummy stuff, but the bagels are just not like bagel holes.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 7:14 pm
Something that is missing from most Jewish communities, diversity.

amother
Jasmine

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 7:53 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:

Hmm at this point we’ve got yeshivish , not yeshivish black hat, many strains of hardcore and not hardcore Hasidim , modern orthodox, Sephardi … not sure what you’re looking for. Sure it’s not evenly distributed but not sure how that’s logistically possible especially for a town that started around a litvish “haredi” yeshiva

amother
Hunter

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 8:00 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:

The heart of lkwd has always been bmg and a yeshivish community. That is literally why the lakewood community was started and grew. Anyone who has come recently is piggy backing on that.

If ppl want more diversity they would have to open schools and whatever to attract more of that. .
(There is diversity in terms of litvish, chassidim, Sephardim all living together. Just not the diversity some are looking for )

amother
Begonia

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 8:05 pm
amother [ Jean ] wrote:
Someone to make families in need homemade suppers. I really want to start this when I get to an older stage in life. Affordable delicious homemade suppers for those who don't have a mother or mothers can't make food bec of circumstance. Been here firsthand unfortunately n hv yet to find a reasonably priced place that'll too it everyday for a small fam with good tasting food not yeshiva cook style . (Side point if anyone knows of anyone who offers this pls pls lmknow I k a fam in need willing to pay per supper)

Check out homemadetakeoutforyou on Instagram

checkbefore

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 10:44 pm
Bagels and More from BP!
Uber and Lyft having enough cars in the area
More dairy restaurants

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 10:51 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:

It’s pretty diverse. It has all types of Orthodox Jews. It even has some rwmo. My shul has streimels, black hats, and no hats.

salt

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 11:14 pm
amother [ Broom ] wrote:
This! I do live in Lakewood and we desperately need public transportation. I don't think private would work, they already tried the "L" but that didn't do much. I don't know if it still runs but even if it does, it basically goes from West Gate to Yeshiva area, doesn't cover too much of Lakewood.
And yes, I doubt this is what OP had in mind. Other than that I think we pretty much have it all!

I don't live in Lakewood, but if there's no public transportation, how do kids get around?

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 12:01 am
salt wrote:
I don't live in Lakewood, but if there's no public transportation, how do kids get around?

Moms taxi service.

amother
Mocha

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 1:36 am
amother [ Jasmine ] wrote:
Random idea.
A business for errands. Like you pay a set rate and they’ll go pick up a bottle of milk, the knee socks your daughter needs, and your cleaning.

I feel like many people would utilise this but not sure how easy it would be to find workers

Erev Pesach 2020, in the height of Covid, I hired a Lakeway driver who did all my errands for me. Sure, cost me an arm and a leg, but it was worth it at that point.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 3:54 am
SuperWify wrote:
Moms taxi service.

This is crazy. Nobody walks? Bikes?
Why don't you get your politicians to do something about public transportation?
A 1st world country with some serious 3rd world issues. Even large favelas in Brazil have public transportation!

amother
Melon

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 3:54 am
More schools that cater to children who are currently in mainstream, but aren't really learning everything they need to be a productive person.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 4:07 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
This is crazy. Nobody walks? Bikes?
Why don't you get your politicians to do something about public transportation?
A 1st world country with some serious 3rd world issues. Even large favelas in Brazil have public transportation!

Simple. It’s a (over-flowing ill-structured) town. Not a city.

One comment on imamother is not going to change this eternal problem. It has been discussed and rehashed for years already without anything changing. Hence, that’s why someone posted this extra large town needs a transportation system desperately.

jeg

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 6:37 am
amother [ Jasmine ] wrote:
Hmm at this point we’ve got yeshivish , not yeshivish black hat, many strains of hardcore and not hardcore Hasidim , modern orthodox, Sephardi … not sure what you’re looking for. Sure it’s not evenly distributed but not sure how that’s logistically possible especially for a town that started around a litvish “haredi” yeshiva

Jews of different ethnic background. Black Jews. A Latinx Jews. Etc.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 6:54 am
amother [ Hunter ] wrote:
Glasses store that takes vsp and doesn’t nickel and dime you and respects the warranty
(Like dr borkowski until he closed. I’ve been disappointed every place I’ve gone since)

Hey me too. I know he's working at Eyes on Nine....does he not take VSP anymore?

amother
Jasmine

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 6:58 am
amother [ Mocha ] wrote:
Erev Pesach 2020, in the height of Covid, I hired a Lakeway driver who did all my errands for me. Sure, cost me an arm and a leg, but it was worth it at that point.

I vaguely remember a service that did this during that time too… I think they employed bochurim who had nothing to do.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 6:59 am
Chayalle wrote:
Hey me too. I know he's working at Eyes on Nine....does he not take VSP anymore?

He takes VSP. Was there few weeks ago

amother
Hunter

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 6:59 am
Chayalle wrote:

They take vsp. Experience is different.
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries