Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Isn’t it too early to think about daycamp??

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 8:10 am
The camps did not even advertise yet! I called a place to ask some questions etc. and they are FULL!! This is for my first grader. (I can’t send to a backyard as the hours don’t work for me and I need Transp.)
Is anyone else having this issue with Lakewood daycamp? I know there are various choices. If someone can help me with a daycamp that has good hours, nice crowd and decent price and is not yet full- please let me know!
Also- how important is it to send my daughter with classmates if it means sending to a place that won’t necessarily work with my summer schedule?

Hoping for good suggestions!

amother
Crystal

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 8:17 am
It’s prob full from siblings that get early enrollment.

I think it is important to send with at least one person she knows - cousins, neighbors.
My girls went to eat camp no classmates went to they each went with a cousin. The benefit was that they met so many different girls over the summer.

Personally, I think first grade is really young and wouldn’t send to a big camp especially if there are no older siblings. Either backyard camp or a camp geared to younger campers. This way it’s not as big a camp and activities are geared to their age level.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 10:27 am
There’s a few camps that are full but tons that aren’t. Check last years bp camp sections. You can find them on the bp site. And call and ask for an application.

Whether they need to go with friends depends on the kid. I know my neighbors kids go on their own and have a great time. My own kids are way more shy.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 10:28 am
For your daughters age I would try Rena first

amother
Forsythia

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 12:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The camps did not even advertise yet! I called a place to ask some questions etc. and they are FULL!! This is for my first grader. (I can’t send to a backyard as the hours don’t work for me and I need Transp.)
Is anyone else having this issue with Lakewood daycamp? I know there are various choices. If someone can help me with a daycamp that has good hours, nice crowd and decent price and is not yet full- please let me know!
Also- how important is it to send my daughter with classmates if it means sending to a place that won’t necessarily work with my summer schedule?

Hoping for good suggestions!

I personally know a specific camp that’s telling people she is full because she only wants certain schools . My friends were turned away but my neighbor got in.
I don’t believe any day camps are full at this point.

Shevach is great choice for your age. Or try Camp Dollhouse.
Or wait for the camp section in the bp probably will be out in next few weeks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries