Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Snap/food stamps appeal Brooklyn

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 3:34 pm
My food stamps/snap case was closed because I was unable to provide documents (mostly because I lost my job so dont have paystubs). Does anyone know how I can appeal the decision? Or any agency that assists with appeals? TIA

amother
Burntblack

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 3:50 pm
Try Nachas Healthnet: (718) 436-7373.

Hatzlachah

amother
Raspberry

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 4:49 pm
If you got a discontinue letter, there's information there on how to request a Fair Hearing. If no letter, you just learned the case is closed, you should still request a Fair Hearing (look for info on how on any recent letter you got from them). In addition (not instead of), you can go to the office and try to explain the situation, talk to the supervisor. If they reopen the case and you get a letter and see food stamps, you can always cancel the fair hearing.
Boro Park JCC, COJO of Flatbush, JCC if Marine Park, UJO in Williamsburg should be able to help with it.

out-of-towner

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 4:58 pm
I used to help people with this for a living. On your letter of denial you should get an option with instructions to request a Fair Hearing. If the 30 day or so period has passed following the letter of denial you can simply re-apply, and then if and when you get a letter of denial request a Fair Hearing.

For proof of income, maybe provide proof of unemployment (a letter from your previous job stating that you no longer work there).

If you haven't, I recommend that you utilize the Access HRA online system. It makes things a lot easier, and you can submit documents directly on the website. I think you just need your Social Security number to pull your case up (assuming that you gave it to HRA to begin with).

If all else fails, your best option is to go to the HRA office directly.

Feel free to PM if you have any questions.

amother
Burntblack

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 5:03 pm
PLEASE don't do this on your own.

One “wrong” word and your case is kaput.

Please reach out to any of the above: Nachas, BPJCC, Cojo etc

They know what to write, how to send it in etc
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries