Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Have you tried the Son-Rise method

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 11:36 pm
For your autistic child? Have you seen results?
Signed, a mom of a recently diagnosed 3 year old boy.

#Happymom

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 3:45 am
I know a family that have been doing this method on their son.
Before I got married, I used to work with their son. I've read a few of the books, really fascinating and incredible.

allgood

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 7:43 am
I am sohappy for your son that he received this diagnosis so early on when there is lots of hope for him to learn skills to help him be successful.

I haven't used son rise, but I have worked with children whose parents previously used this method with them and for a short time in programs set up in this method (though that's not what I was doing there.) I was not impressed by either and I had my work cut out for me to try and undue the work that was done. One of the children had actually received services using a different method first and was reported to have regressed in many self help skills.

What part of the program do you like? Is there a way to get a more evidence based program used to help your child that also used that which you like. You would be surprised at how much fun an ABA session can be for your child if implemented correctly.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)